About Memorials & Resources
The National MS Society is honored you’ve chosen us to help keep the memory of your loved one alive with a Memorial Fund. We extend our sincerest condolences for your loss. Fundraising in memory of your loved one will help create a world free of MS. Donations to your fund will support cutting-edge research, drive change through advocacy, and provide programs and services to help people with MS move their lives forward.
- Memorial Funds and donations are made to honor a loved one who has passed.
- Honorary Funds and donations are made to honor a loved one, recognize an accomplishment, a milestone, or just to say thank you. If you intended to reach Honorary pages instead of Memorials, please click here to be redirected.
- Facebook Fundraising: Facebook Fundraisers are a fast and easy way to expand your fundraising reach through your Facebook page by getting friends and family involved. Once you create a Memorial Fund page you will be able to link it to your Facebook account through the Fundraising Dashboard.
- If you would like to make a donation to an event participant in Memory of a loved one, please visit our Fundraising pages for Walk MS or Bike MS.
Glossary of Terms
While donating or creating a fund you will be asked to provide information for the following terms.
- Campaign Title: This will be the name of your fund. For example “John Smith Memorial Fund”
- Honoree Name: This is the name of person you are paying tribute to with donations, or the name of the deceased
- Next-of-Kin: This is the family member or person who should know that gifts are being made in memory of their loved one. Please note that we will need their mailing address.
- Notification Recipient & Address: This information is used to generate a Tribute Gift Notification Letter to the family or person you wish to notify of your gift. Please note that we will need a mailing address for this contact.
Tribute Gift Notification Letters
When a Memorial gift is received the Society will mail a personalized letter to the person you designate, notifying them of your thoughtful gift, but not revealing the amount of the donation. These letters will be mailed 7-10 days from the date of your gift.
Learn About Family Resources
- MS Navigator: No matter your connection to MS, the National MS Society is here to support you. Our nationwide team of MS Navigators is made up of compassionate, highly skilled professionals who work with you one-on-one to find solutions for the unique and often complex challenges MS can bring. Connect with an MS Navigator today at 1-800-344-4867 or email@example.com
- Obituary: When creating your fund, you will have the ability to customize a URL link to your Memorial Fund page. To direct friends and family to your Memorial Fund page for donations, you can use the sample language provided below:
“Memorial contributions may be made to the National MS Society by visiting [link to your page]”
If you do not wish to set-up an online fund and are requesting general donations to be made to the Society, please submit a link to the obituary to the Tributes Team at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Cash or check donations: To send cash or check gifts received by the family, please download this donation tracking form to mail in along with the gifts. Please mail to the address below. If you would like to request cash/check donation envelopes for memorial services, please reach out to the Tributes team at email@example.com.
Mailing Address:National MS Society900 S. Broadway, 2nd Floor
Denver, CO 80209
- Donor Report: Once you create a Memorial Fund, you will be able to access a donor report from your Fundraising Portal. If you choose not to establish an online fund and wish to obtain a list of all who made a general Tribute donation in memory of your loved one, please reach out to the Tributes team at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Charitable Bequests: If you need information about bequest donations, which are charitable gifts designated in a will or living trust, please visit our Planned Giving page for more information.
For Funeral Directors
Information for Funeral Directors
- If you need materials such as donation envelopes or Society resources for your families and clients, please contact us at email@example.com
- If you would like to submit an obituary or next-of-kin information for families who wish to direct memorial gifts to our organization, please send the information to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? We are here to help. Please reach out to our Tribute Team at email@example.com or 855-372-1331.