Honorary Event Ideas and Fundraising Tips
Honorary Events to Celebrate
- Birthdays: Instead of asking for gifts this year, ask others to donate in your honor to your fundraiser.
- Anniversary/Wedding: Anniversaries and weddings are great opportunities to ask others to redirect their kindness and generosity in the form of donations.
- Bar/Bat Mitzvah
- Birth/Adoption of a child
- Professional milestones like promotions or retirements
- Appreciation for making difference in the community, or something special
- Thank you
- Recognition of personal achievements like buying a house
- Thinking of you/Encouragement to show love for a friend or family member who is living with MS
1. Set up your fundraising page to tell your story
Once you create your fund, you will have your very own webpage to customize. Be sure to share your story and upload pictures and tell people why this fundraising effort matters to you.
2. Give to yourself
You’ll show people this mission matters to you and kickstart your fundraising.
3. Know your networks
Give friends, family, neighbors, acquaintances and co-workers an opportunity to get involved and help reach your goal – you never know who might donate to honor a connection to MS or who might be inspired to start fundraising on their own.
4. Get social and get creative!
Share facts about MS and give public shout outs and thanks to those that give across your social media. Facebook Fundraisers are a fast and easy way to expand your fundraising! You can easily link your Facebook account to the fund through the Fundraising Dashboard and set up a Facebook Fundraiser.
5. Start now!
There is no time like the present. The sooner you start, the more you will raise. Give people the opportunity to give, and do not be afraid to ask again.
Questions? We are here to help. Please reach out to our Tribute Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 855-372-1331.