Bike MS® is more than just a ride. It’s a community of cyclists dedicated to powering breakthroughs for more than 1 million people living with multiple sclerosis in the US.
At Bike MS, we are committed to providing you with a fully-supported ride experience marked with passion, inspiration and camaraderie you will never forget. With rest stops every 8-12 miles, mechanical and medical support, ride marshals, and volunteers ready to provide assistance before, during and after the ride, Bike MS will be the ride of a lifetime.
Pricing & Dates
- June 5, 2021
- The $300 fundraising minimum must be met before you pick up your Bike MS packet.
- Registration fee schedule
- $21 starting fee
- $36 on Monday, February 1, 2021
- $51 on Monday, April 12, 2021
- $70 on Monday, May 24, 2021
Online registration will close at noon on the Thursday before your event.
Ride Info & Requirements
- The minimum age to ride is 18.
- The fundraising minimum is $300.
- There will be no on-site registration, so make sure to register online ahead of time! We recommend registering early so you can fundraise and make an even greater impact.
- We ride rain or shine. In the event of lightning or other dangerous weather-related conditions, please check the event website and email updates.
- Helmets are required at all times. No exceptions.
- Support and Gear (SAG) vehicles are available to transport any cyclists in need so personal vehicles are prohibited on the route and at rest stops.
- Pets are not allowed at the ride. However, service animals are welcome.
New Packet Pick Up Process!
In an effort to minimalize gathering at the start line on Saturday, June 5 there will be two early packet pick up locations otherwise rider packets will be mailed to all participants exceeding the required $300 by Wednesday, May 19th. To receive your rider number in the mail, we must have received your required waiver/safety pledge and the minimum $300 donation by Wednesday, May 19th. See Ride Info & Requirements section for ride requirements.
Rider Packets will be mailed Wednesday, May 19th. No packets will be mailed after Wednesday, May 19th. If you do not receive your packet in the mail, you may pick it up on Friday, June 4 in Williamsburg at the DoubleTree.
Early Packet Pick Ups:
Your Bike MS packet contains important items including your rider bib, event details and sponsor giveaways. In order to pick up your packet, you must meet the $300 fundraising minimum and have a completed waiver on file.
Packet pick ups are coming your way and will be following a new procedure this year, as a drive through pick up service, and will adhere to the following safety criteria:
- Participants must select a timed slot for pick up using the Sign-Up Genius for the date selected
- Participants and staff must wear a mask
- No physical contact
- Participants and staff must remain minimally 6 feet apart
- Participant must stay in their vehicle (please do not get out of your vehicle to visit with staff or other participants)
- Items will be delivered contactless – we will drop in your vehicle for you
- Arrive at your designated timeframe (we have carefully spaced out pickup times to avoid vehicle back up)
- Once a pick-up time is chosen, you will receive an automated email from SignUpGenius AND confirmation email within 24-48 hours of your scheduled pick up.
Richmond Early Packet Pick Up:
Thursday, May 13
11 am – 2 PM
Virginia Hospital & Healthcare Association
4200 Innslake Drive
Glen Allen, VA 23060
SignUpGenius – click here.
Virginia Beach Early Packet Pick Up:
Friday, May 14
11 AM - 1:30 PM
Time & Location: Virginia Beach National Golf Club
2500 Tournament Drive
Virginia Beach, VA 23456
SignUpGenius – click here.
Packet Pick-Up Selfie Contest
We're kicking up the drive-through experience with a Bike MS spirit contest. Decorate your car and yourself for ANY of the packet pick-ups, and really share how excited you are for our in-person ride this year. Take a photo at the packet pick up and share to our Bike MS: Colonial Crossroads Facebook event page AND your own social media page with #bikems and you could win a Bike MS prize! Prizes awarded will include Most Spirited and Best Decorated Car. Prizes will be awarded post event.
What’s in the rider packet? Your Bike MS packet contains many important items including your bib number, event details and sponsor giveaways. What's in Your Packet
How do I receive my packet? You must meet the fundraising minimum of $300 and have a completed waiver on file in order to pick up your packet.
Why the $300 fundraising minimum? The National MS Society makes a concerted effort to utilize each dollar raised to help people living with multiple sclerosis. To continue making an impact on the lives of those living with MS through our fundraising efforts, the National MS Society requires all registered participants to have met the $300 minimum fundraising requirement prior to picking up their packet.
Examples of how fundraising helps those living with MS:
- $50 could provide round-trip transportation to a medical appointment
- $100 could help purchase a walker or shower chair
- $250 could fund a transport chair, accessible transportation to a medical appointment or a portable ramp
- $500 could help fund a college scholarship for a high school senior who is living with MS or whose parent is living with MS
- $1,000 could pay for a hospital bed, provide half the cost toward a standard chair lift, or rental assistance to two people living with MS
- $43,000 could fund a research grant (average cost)
While participants are required to meet the fundraising requirement prior to picking up their packet, we encourage the fundraising to continue! Don't stop at just $300 set your goal high and keep raising funds after you experience the ride!
Can anyone else pick up my packet? Yes, another team member, team captain or family member may pick up your packet for you if all financial obligations have been met and all appropriate waivers are on file.
When do I receive my packet? Packets may be picked up at any of the early packet pick up locations (TBD) or before the start of the ride. All applicable waivers must be signed, and all financial obligations must be met before a rider may pick up a packet.
Can I turn in donations at packet pick up? Cyclists are encouraged to turn in any donations raised-to-date.
All donations to the National MS Society are tax-deductible. For non-credit-card donations, please submit your donations as personal/business check, cashier's check, or money order made payable to the National MS Society. Ensure accurate fundraising by writing the participant's name and "2021 Bike MS: Colonial Crossroads" in the memo line or other available field on the check/money order.
What else is available at packet pick up? Participant t-shirt, top fundraiser jersey ($1,200+), Club 50 gift, sponsor giveaways, cue sheets, route maps, weekend schedule, and staff will be present to answer questions!
IMPORTANT: If you are moving money from one participant to another, please contact the Fundraising Support Center ahead of picking up your packet. FundraisingSupport@nmss.org or 855-372-1331
First Time Riders
First time participating in Bike MS or Bike MS: Colonial Crossroads?
Bike MS: Colonial Crossroads is more than a weekend event, it's a year-round experience with life-long friends creating an impact on those living with MS. We want you to have an incredible first year experiencing Bike MS and provide the tools and social events to help!
Join us for Pre-Ride First Time Rider Engagement Opportunities
Thank you for registering and training for your first Bike MS. While this year will be different, we are committed to having a fun and successful event! The excitement is building and you may be feeling some nervous energy, we hope the below information will guide you through the experience. This event is to celebrate your fundraising success and driving us one day closer to a cure. We look forward to cheering you on, and we will see you at the finish line.
Join us for an upcoming virtual event designed to provide you all the necessary information for a successful ride and learn fundraising tops to help you reach your goals!
Wear your Rookie Rider Sticker with pride!
Get your exclusive sticker located at packet pick up!
Rookie Rider of the Year Award
Set your sights on this prestigious award! The Rookie Rider of the Year award is given to the top Rookie Rider fundraiser!
Questions? Contact Us for More Information: