Date & Location
June 19, 2021
10028 Ocean Gateway, Easton, MD 21601
Route options from 35 miles and 53 miles.
Fundraising Minimum: $300
Age Minimum: 12
7:00 AM start time
We are so excited to have you join us for Bike MS: Chesapeake Challenge 2021!
To ensure we are keeping our participants, volunteers, and staff as safe as possible, please review the following information.
Receiving Your Rider Packet
- In order to ride, you must receive and wear the contents of your rider packet (rider bib #, helmet and bike decals, wristband) during the ride.
- You cannot receive your rider bib unless you have reached the $300 fundraising minimum per person.
- If you reach the $300 fundraising minimum after Wednesday, June 16th, please be prepared to show proof (pull up your fundraising page on your phone) as it may not be updated on the printed lists we will have on ride weekend.
- You can receive your rider packet:
- Friday, June 18th from 4 to 7pm at our Packet Pickup event.
- Saturday, June 19th during your venue access window before you begin your ride at the customer service tent.
- Friday’s Packet Pickup and Saturday’s ride will both take place at our host venue of Talbot County Community Center
Arriving/Rolling Start Plans
- All riders, volunteers, and staff must complete a pre-event health screening questionnaire 24 hours prior to the event and will be required to show proof of completion at the Mandatory Check-In tent. See the COVID-19 protocols for more information on this.
- There will be no mass release/start this year, rather “rolling starts” will take place throughout three venue access windows between 7 and 8:15am.
- All riders will receive a specific Venue Access Window as the ride approaches.
- Riders can only access the event site during their Venue Access Window.
- Once your Venue Access Window has begun, you will use this time to go through the Mandatory Check-In Area, use the restroom, grab some water and a snack (no coffee this year!), and get on the road.
- Face coverings must cover the nose and mouth and must be snug. Bandanas will not be permitted.
- Signage will be placed to promote safe social distancing of 6 feet or more between others.
If you are not vaccinated, facial coverings are required when not riding, eating or drinking. If you are vaccinated, facial coverings are optional.
Crossing the Finish Line
- Once you cross the finish line, you will be provided a Lunch to-go, an event t-shirt, and any other Top Fundraiser and/or I Ride With MS items you have yet to receive (for those that qualify).
- Upon crossing the finish line and receiving your meal and other items, we ask all participants to please depart the event area in a timely manner to help limit crowding.
We appreciate you all working with us to help make this a safe and fun event for everyone! Thank you again for your incredible support of the National MS Society and our vision of a world free of MS.
Routes & Maps
With a variety of route options, you can choose the challenge that’s right for you.
Routes from 35 miles and 53 miles
35 Mile Route: View here
53 Mile Route: View here
*Routes are subject to change. Please check again before departing for the ride
Cycle along the scenic and flat terrain of Maryland’s Eastern Shore with a community of riders dedicated to changing the world for people with MS one pedal stroke at a time.
Upcoming Virtual Events:
Virtual Participant Happy Hour
Wednesday, May 26th at 6PM
With Bike MS: Chesapeake Challenge right around the corner, we invite you to join our second virtual Participant Happy Hour to connect with other participants and hear the latest event information and ride details. Get important COVID-19 protocols and safety
updates, highlights of the event experience, logistical reminders including packet pick-up information, fundraising progress, the latest event schedule, and more! Use the link below to join the meetup. There is no need to register in advance.
Join on your computer or mobile app
Click here to join the meeting or call in (audio only) +1 315-234-6809,,830320349#
I Ride with MS Happy Hour!
Thursday, May 20th 5:30 PM
This is a great opportunity to connect with other Bike MS participants living with MS from throughout the region and to learn more about the IRWMS program. Email Amanda.Wurth@nmss.org for log in information
Bike MS: Chesapeake Challenge Safety Clinic
Tuesday, June 8th at 6PM
Your local Bike MS staff will share information about staying safe at Bike MS. Topics will include cycling safety and COVID-19 protocols, ride support, bike inspections, suggested packing list, and more. Use the link below to join the clinic. There is no need to RSVP.
Join on your computer or mobile app
Click here to join the meeting, or call in (audio only) +1 315-234-6809,,269943237#
Complete challenges and mileage goals as you train and take on the open road.
Your training rides bring you out into your community and past some scenic destinations and we want to see them too!
Snap a selfie at a designated landmark and share it with your fellow MS cyclists using our submission form. Complete all 4 challenges by your event day and get a Bike MS-branded tire tool and be entered into a grand prize drawing for one of two Garmin Edge 130s. Flats happen—now you’ll be prepared!
Complete the weekly mileage goals—or ride even more!—to rack up badges along the way.
Want to train for your ride without leaving the house and connect with other Bike MS riders in the process? Join Zwift and ride with Bike MS participants from across the country. Most rides are no-drop and riders of all abilities are welcome to join.
Once on Zwift, follow and connect with Chris at “Chris Crush MS” to join the weekly rides. It is best to add “Bike MS” to the end of your username to ensure you receive ride invites. If you want to learn more about Zwift and the weekly rides, please email some of our local Zwift/Bike MS riders at Michael_tomlin@live.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meals & Support
Whether you have a flat tire or need a snack to help get you across the finish line, we’ve got you covered. Bike mechanics and support and gear (SAG) vehicles will be on the routes to assist you and each route includes fully-stocked rest stops every few miles with some of the best snacks and volunteers around.
Rest stop snacks will be pre-packaged or whole fruit and will be available as self-serve for participants. Volunteers will restock the snacks, but not serve participants. Rest stops will also have masks on hand in case a cyclist has lost theirs on the route.
There will be a pre-packaged lunch at the finish line to take as cyclists and volunteers depart the event.
Lodging and Transportation
Holiday Inn Express Easton
8561 Ocean Gateway, Easton, MD 21601
For just staying Friday, June 18th:
Special Bike MS rate of $189 plus tax per room
Click here to access the Bike MS room block.
There will be no late check-outs on Saturday for those only staying Friday night. Check out is 11am on Saturday.
If interested in a two-night stay, the rooms are $169 plus tax per night. Please contact the hotel at 410-463-4192 or email@example.com and mention you are a Bike MS participant inquiring about a multiple night stay.
Unlike most years, please note there will be no camping inside or outside the community center this year.
Overnight bike storage will not be available at Talbot County Community Center this year but it will be available at the hotel to only to those staying there.