Bike MS® is more than just a ride. It’s a community of cyclists dedicated to powering breakthroughs for more than 1 million people living with multiple sclerosis in the US.
At Bike MS, we are committed to providing you with a fully-supported ride experience marked with passion, inspiration and camaraderie you will never forget. With rest stops every 8-12 miles, mechanical and medical support, ride marshals, and volunteers ready to provide assistance before, during and after the ride, Bike MS will be the ride of a lifetime.
Pricing & Dates
- September 25-26, 2021
- The $300 fundraising minimum must be met before you pick up your Bike MS packet.
- Registration fee schedule
- $21 starting fee
- $36 on Monday, May 24, 2021
- $51 on Monday, August 2, 2021
- $70 on Monday, September 13, 2021
- Online registration will close at noon on the Friday before your event.
Ride Info & Requirements
- The minimum age to ride is 12. See the Youth Riders section below for additional requirements for cyclists under the age of 18.
- The fundraising minimum is $300.
- Walk-up registrations are gladly accepted. However, we recommend registering early so you can fundraise and make an even greater impact.
- We ride rain or shine. In the event of lightning or other dangerous weather-related conditions, please check the event website and email updates.
- Helmets are required at all times. No exceptions.
- Support and Gear (SAG) vehicles are available to transport any cyclists in need so personal vehicles are prohibited on the route and at rest stops.
- Pets are not allowed at the ride. However, service animals are welcome.
- Mask - Face coverings will be required for all riders, volunteers, and staff throughout the event regardless of vaccination status for COVID-19, effective Monday, August 2nd. Riders may remove their masks when out on the road, eating, or drinking.
- Water Bottle(s) - City to Shore is a cup free event.
- Pre-Event health screening emailed to all participants 24-48 hours prior to the ride. Visit the Bike Safety & COVID-19 page more information.
Families are such a big part of Bike MS and we love seeing them out on the road! To make sure our youngest participants remain safe, here are some special requirements for cyclists under the age of 18:
- All riders must be at least 12 years of age on or before event day – NO EXCEPTIONS.
- All youth riders (ages 12-17) must review the Safety in Group Cycling brochure with a parent or guardian before setting out.
- Youth riders must be accompanied by a parent or responsible adult (at least 21 years of age) at all times.
- One parent/adult may be responsible for no more than three youth riders.
- All the above requirements apply for children on a tandem bicycle.
- No trailers, tagalongs or child carriers are allowed on the route.
How to Obtain Your Rider Number Packet
Your Bike MS packet contains important items including your rider bib, event details and sponsor giveaways. In order to pick up your packet, you must meet the $300 fundraising minimum and have a completed waiver/safety pledge on file.
**Note, if you registered online you completed the we must receive your waiver/safety pledge at the time you registered.
Bike MS staff will be following up personally with anyone is needs to submit the waiver/safety pledge.
See Ride Info & Requirements section for ride requirements.
No cyclists will be permitted on the route without a rider number.
Find out what's in a rider number packet!
Mailing Deadline: August 22
Skip the lines and avoid the morning crowds and bustle! Have your rider number mailed to you in September. Reach your $300 fundraising minimum by August 22 to receive your rider number in the mail. This will be the only opportunity to receive your packet prior to ride weekend.
Click here to view the list of all participants who will be included in the mailing. Packets are scheduled to be sent via USPS the week of August 30. Please be on the look out.
*list is as of as of Monday, August 30 at 12pm. Participants are listed in alpha order.
Click here to view the list of all participants who were included in the final September 9 mailing. Packets were sent out USPS Friday, September 10. No additional packets will be assigned or mailed. Please see below regarding picking up your packet ride morning.
Ride Morning: September 25
If you do not receive your number prior to the ride, you may pick it up at your start location that morning.
Turning in Donations
Money turn-in envelopes will be available at all start locations ride morning.
Visit the Donations Guide page to learn more about turning in donations and other frequently asked questions.
Download the Bike MS Mobile app on your Android or iOS device and click on Enter Donations to upload a check. Plus, unlock your 2021 Bike MS Experience
Reminder: You only need to raise $300 to get your number but aim higher. Raise at least $500 and earn the opportunity to receive cool Bike MS gear.
Raise $1,000 by the day of the ride to earn your 2021 commemorative City to Shore Top Fundraiser jersey and other great perks!
Click here to learn more fundraising clubs and incentives.
Rookie Riders (First-Time Participants)
Thank you for registering for City to Shore 2021. We’re happy to welcome you to a ride grounded in camaraderie and marked by passion, inspiration, determination, and pure enjoyment. Since you are a first-year participant, we want to make sure you have the support and information you need:
Get ready for the ride of your life!
But I’ve been cycling for years, am I a Rookie Rider? Yes!
Whether you're a veteran cyclist or you're new to the sport, if you're new to Bike MS you are a Rookie Rider, and we want to ensure your first experience is the best it can be.
Questions? Contact Us for More Information: