Date & Location
September 18 - 19, 2021
Starting line: Presidio Sports Basement, San Francisco, CA
Finish Line: SOMO Village, Rohnert Park, CA
1 day, 2 day, or join us virtually
Fundraising Minimum: $350
Age Minimum: 12
Day 1 Ride Out
San Francisco- 7:00- 7:30AM
Rohnert Park- 8:00- 8:30 AM
Day 2 Rohnert Park Ride Out
7:30- 8:30 AM
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 18
SF PRESIDIO SPORTS BASEMENT
Presidio 610 Old Mason St, San Francisco, CA 94129
100 & 72 mile start
4 – 5:30 a.m. Cow Palace Parking Shuttles to Sports Basement
5:30 – 7 a.m. Registration, luggage drop-off, mechanics available and breakfast
6:45 a.m. Ride out starts
7:25 a.m. All cyclists must be out on the route or will be SAGed to Rest Stop 1
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 18
• 1100 Valley House Dr, Rohnert Park 94928 22 & 43 mile routes start and finish
5 a.m. Shuttle to Presidio from SOMO (buses will leave on time so don’t be late!)
7:30 – 8:45 a.m. Registration and breakfast
8 a.m. Ride out starts
9 a.m. Ride out ends
9 a.m. – 9 p.m. Bike Corral hours
11 a.m. – 8 p.m. Shower trucks open
11 a.m. – 5 p.m. Visit our Sponsor Row!
Noon – 7 p.m. Beer and wine garden open
Noon -6 p.m. VIP Area Open
1 – 7 p.m. Dining Area Open
1 – 4 p.m. popsicles available at Info tent
5 p.m. Evening program & jersey Contest!
4 - 8 p.m. Shuttle service to hotels (running approx. every half hour or when full)
5 p.m. All routes close, riders must be off the course
6 p.m. Shuttle from SOMO to SF Presidio Sports Basement & Cow Palace Parking
8 p.m. Showers close, shuttle services ends, quiet hours begin
9 p.m. Lights out
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 19
• 40 & 60 mile routes start and finish
5:15- 8 a.m. Luggage drop-off, showers open and shuttles from hotels to SOMO Village (shuttles end at 8 a.m.)
5:30 – 8 a.m. Breakfast, Mechanics and
5:30 a.m. Bike Corral opens
7 a.m. IRWMS photo
7:30 a.m. Ride out starts
8:30 a.m. Ride out ends
11 a.m. – 4 p.m. Food, entertainment, beer and wine garden
Noon – 4:30 p.m. Buses leave SOMO Village to SF Presidio & Parking every hour on the hour. Last bus leaves at 4:30!
4 p.m. Route closes
Routes & Maps
We plan to ride in-person this September and are working hard to format the ride to make the best decisions for the health and safety our cyclists, staff, and volunteers. MS hasn’t stopped, and neither will we! With a variety of routes to choose from, ride across the Golden Gate Bridge, enjoy expansive views of the Pacific Ocean, and pedal through the rolling hills of California wine country.
Have you completed your Golden Gate Bridge Waiver? MANDATORY for all SF Start Cyclists: View here
Day 1 Ride Out San Francisco- 7:00- 7:30AM Rohnert Park- 8:00- 9:00AM ONE WAY - San Francisco Start
- 100 Mile Route - https://ridewithgps.com/routes/35416764
- 72Mile Route - https://ridewithgps.com/routes/35416774
- LOOP- Rohnert Park Start
- 43 Mile Route-https://ridewithgps.com/routes/35416771
- 20 Mile Route - https://ridewithgps.com/routes/35416768
Day 2 Rohnert Park Ride Out 7:30- 8:30 AM LOOP- Rohnert Park Start
- 60 Mile Route- https://ridewithgps.com/routes/37130205
- 40 Mile Route - https://ridewithgps.com/events/145566-2021-bike-ms-waves-to-wine#routes/37130259/preview
These routes are subject to change. Please do not download routes until the week before the ride: https://ridewithgps.com/events/145566-2021-bike-ms-waves-to-wine#routes/37130259/preview
We are excited to return to our San Francisco Start line at the Presidio Sports Basement & our Rohnert Park Start & Finish line and after-ride event space at SOMO Village Event Center, Rohnert Park.
Wondering where you will stop to rest?
Check out our map of rest stops:
Complete challenges and mileage goals as you train and take on the open road.
Your training rides bring you out into your community and past some scenic destinations and we want to see them too!
Snap a selfie at a designated landmark and share it with your fellow MS cyclists using our submission form. Complete all 4 challenges by your event day and get a Bike MS-branded tire tool and be entered into a grand prize drawing for one of two Garmin Edge 130s. Flats happen—now you’ll be prepared!
Complete the weekly mileage goals—or ride even more!—to rack up badges along the way.
Team Captains: Make sure your team has a special place to relax and gather together after a long ride. Please fill out this form by 9/1 in order to reserve and order your tents. TEAM CAPTAINS or one designated person ONLY per team.
Bike Rentals for SF Startline
We are very pleased to partner with Sports Basement to provide bike rentals for our San Francisco Start line. BIKE RENTALS MUST BE SECURED BY 9/4. This link is for our San Francisco Start line ONLY. All Waves to Wine participants can secure 10% off with promo code MSWW2021. Rent your bike: Here
Get ready for some engaging competitions and exciting prizes!
- Fundraising Week #1: July 12-18, 2021
- Fundraising Week #2: August 9-15, 2021
There will be three categories of winners for each week*:
- Teams with 4-14 members
- Teams with 15+ members
- Individual riders
*based on the highest amount of online fundraising this week (total dollars)
- Teams will receive: Upgraded team experience of their choice (team tent upgrades, team porta potty at a rest stop of their choice, or a dedicated packet pick-up for their team)
- Individuals will receive: Bike MS Prize Pack (Bike MS swag and gift card from our partners at Fathead)
Bay Area Ambassador Program
Engage with Bay Area MS researchers, clinicians, and specialists in your area! Get a Bike Ambassador partnered with your team and gain a better connection to the latest MS research and treatment in the Bay Area.
Find out more here!
Sign up here.
Team Captain Meetup #1
7/14/2021 at noon PST
Join other Bike MS Team Captains for our first official meetup and be the first to preview Bike MS: Waves to Wine 2021. Get the latest COVID-19 safety protocols and event details, successful recruitment and fundraising strategies, tips for using our fundraising platform, and more!
Use the button below to join the meetup. There is no need to preregister.
Team Captain Meetup #2
8/11/2021 at noon PST
With Bike MS: Waves to Wine 2021 right around the corner, we invite you to join our second official Team Captain Meetup to hear the latest event information and ride details. Get important COVID-19 protocols and safety updates, highlights of the event experience, logistical reminders including packet pick-up information, fundraising progress, the latest event schedule, and more!
Use the button below to join the meetup. There is no need to register in advance.
9/2/2021 at 5PM PST
Your local Bike MS staff and amazing guest speakers will share information about staying safe at Bike MS. Topics will include cycling safety and COVID-19 protocols, ride support, bike inspections, suggested packing list, and more.
Use the button below to join the clinic. There is no need to RSVP.
Meals & Support
Bike MS is an extraordinary ride no matter where you are! Whether you have a flat tire or need a snack to help get you across the finish line, we’ve got you covered! Each route includes fully-stocked rest stops every 10 to 12 miles with some of the best snacks and volunteers around.
We’ve got you covered with all your needs from a bathroom break, sunscreen, to all your hydration needs. Rest stops will have pre-packaged food and whole fruits in a self-serve format in order to reduce contact. Make sure to remember your water bottle! We will have water and individual hydration drinks for all of your re-fueling needs. Volunteers will be available at all rest stops to keep the snacks coming and direct riders on social distancing guidelines. Face covering must be worn during all times if you are off your bike, but can be taken off if it is safe to do so when riding.
Bike mechanics and support and gear (SAG) vehicles will also be on the route to assist you. After the ride, we will have pre-packaged meals for you to enjoy as you depart.
Lodging & Transportation
SAN FRANCISCO START LINE - THERE IS NO DAY OF OR OVERNIGHT PARKING AT SPORTS BASEMENT
Day 1 100 & 72 Start
San Francisco Sports Basement, Presidio 610 Old Mason St, San Francisco, CA 9412
NEW Friday Bike Drop off 12:30 to 6:30 PM
- Pick up your packet, drop your luggage & bike
DAY OF DROP OFF ONLY ZONE, NO PARKING
Off Mason St, West of Sports Basement Parking Lot
PARKING - THERE IS NO DAY OF OR OVERNIGHT PARKING AT SPORTS BASEMENT
Cow Palace in the Upper Lot, Enter off Geneva Ave.
2600 Geneva Ave, Daly City CA 94014
4 a.m.-5:30 a.m. Shuttles to the SF Presidio Sports Basement Start line
- PARK- Parking attendants will be on site to direct you to the portion of the lot where there is plenty of parking. We will have overnight security monitoring cars, but please do not leave valuables in your car.
- LOAD YOUR BIKE- If you already have your packet, please attach your bike tags. Bikes will be loaded separately, and luggage will go with you on the shuttle. If you don’t have your packet yet, we will identify your bike in another way.
- SHUTTLE- take your bag/luggage with you on the shuttle to Sports Basement. Masks are required on the shuttle
- ARRIVE- Collect your bike, drop your luggage at the luggage truck, and enter the event start line area
Cow Palace Parking Important Facts
- Parking will be available from Saturday September 18th 4AM to Sunday at 6PM
- Parking lot will be monitored by security guards overnight, please do not leave valuables in your car
- Masks are required on shuttles from Parking area to Presidio Start Line. We will do our best to social distance on shuttles. Get their early to secure more space on shuttles
- Bikes will be transported in a separate vehicle as your shuttle and can be picked up at Sports Basement. If you have already picked up your packet, make sure to put your bike tag on your bike. If you have not picked up your packet, we will label your bike in another way.
- VIP Parking is available in the designated spot
- Luggage will be brought with you on the shuttle to be dropped off at the luggage drop off in the shuttle drop off zone
- Bring a light! We will do our best to light the area, but it will be dark, so having a personal light will be helpful
SOMO VILLAGE STARTLINE
1400 VALLEY HOUSE DR, ROHNERT PARK, CA 94928
Enter on Valley House Dr. Park in designated spaces on map. VIP Parking is available
Camping is FREE on the lawn of SOMO Village. No need to make a reservation, just bring your gear and set up your spot. Campers will have access to showers and restrooms on the event site.
Waves to Wine Special Hotel Deals
Budget Inn Rohnert Park - DEAL RATES EXPIRED
6298 Redwood Dr, Rohnert Park, CA 94928
Reservation Phone Number: 707-584-4448
15 rooms, Saturday night only ($89/singles; $99/doubles)
Mention WAVES TO WINE to get the room block rates.
Motel 6 Rohnert Park - EXPIRES SEPTEMBER 1
6145 Commerce Blvd., Rohnert Park, CA 94928
Reservation Phone Number: 1-800-544-4866
Group Confirmation Number: GPTARQFPZQ
Number of Rooms: 20
Best Western - SOLD OUT
6500 Redwood Dr, Rohnert Park, CA 94928
Phone: (707) 584-7435
Rate: $154 for King or 2 Queens- DISCOUNTED ROOM RATE SOLD OUT. Other rate rooms may be available on website with 2 day minimum required.
Click through this link to receive deal:
Rodeway Inn Wine Country-Rohnert Park - DEAL RATES EXPIRED
6288 Redwood Dr, Rohnert Park, CA 94928
Room rate of $149 plus tax for 15 double rooms
Call: 707-584-1600 and ask for the Bike MS Waves to Wine room block/rate
If you need a ride back to San Francisco after the event, we’ve got you covered. There will be shuttles from SOMO Village Event Center in Rohnert Park to Sports Basement in the Presidio of San Francisco. Luggage and bike transport is included. Shuttles will be offered at the following times:
ALL SHUTTLES — SOMO Village, Rohnert Park to Sports Basement & Parking Lot, San Francisco
- Saturday 5:00 AM
- Saturday 6:00 PM
- Sunday Noon - 4:30 PM (Leaves every hour on the hour & 4:30. LAST SHUTTLE leaves at 4:30)
Use the button below to purchase your ticket and/or the ticket for other participants for $50 each. No shuttle tickets will be available to purchase onsite. You must purchase tickets ahead of time. Ticket purchasing closes on Thursday September 16th at midnight. No need to print a ticket, we will check attendance by registered name so please provide us with all rider’s individual names. Contact email@example.com with any questions.
Planning on Bringing an RV?
No problem! Please fill out this form to reserve your spot.
- I Ride with MS