DIY MS Guide
National MS Society
Raise awareness and critical funds in unique and
Do It Yourself MS is an opportunity to personalize your commitment to the MS movement and passion for creating positive change in the world.
With Do It Yourself MS, the solution is yours to design. You bring your fundraising vision to life. You decide how you will mobilize your friends, family members, and those around you to make an impact for those affected by MS.
We are here to support you every step of the way.
GET STARTED IN 3 EASY STEPS
Start your DIY fundraiser, the possibilities are endless.
Spread the word and invite your family and friends to support your fundraiser.
Raise funds to help create a world free of MS.
Need help deciding?
If you are unsure of which one fits you the best, we are here to help! Reach out to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-800-344-4867, ext. 15214 and we will help you find the best fit.
Pick an Activity
The sky's the limit when it comes to DIY MS. Let your interests guide you as you plan your fundraising challenge.
Ready to run a marathon, cycle coast-to-coast, climb the nearest mountain or just have a rousing kickball tournament in your backyard with your friends? Plan an athletic challenge with DIY MS and create a world free of MS while pushing your personal limits.
Here’s where you can show the world your passion while raising funds for people affected by MS. Host a Poker tournament, plan a snowshoe race, have a clothing swap or schedule a garden tour. The choice is yours.
Donate your birthday/anniversary/milestone to the Society. In lieu of gifts, ask your family and friends to make a donation in your honor to your fundraising page.
Turn your passion for video games, and hobbies like fitness and cooking into a fundraiser for the Society by gathering your online community streaming to end MS.
ATO Walks Hard – 160 mile, 8-day trek in Michigan.
Setting Up & Sharing a Fundraiser
Once you register, you will have access to our fundraising tools and digital downloads which allow you to:
- Personalize your fundraising page with photos, videos and the reasons why you DIY MS. Need help setting up your page? Our team is here to help.
- Fundraise with our app available on Google Play and the Apple App Store.
- Start a Facebook Fundraiser and track your fundraising progress.
- Use digital downloads like “We Joined the Movement” badges and impact images to include in your promotional activities and social media posts. Send emails to your network asking for donations.
- Print materials to have at your event. We have made some of our most popular brochures available for download right from this page:
Are you ready to get started? We have tools ready for you!
How We Can Help
The National MS Society is here to support you as you transform your passion into fundraising that helps create a world free of MS. From logos and images you can use to fundraising ideas, we are proud to be your partner. If you need advice or a helping hand, reach out to your local Society office or call 1-800-344-4867, ext. 15214 or send an email to email@example.com.
While the Society can help make your event a success, we are unable to provide the following:
- Administrative or logistic assistance
- Event funding, including assistance in soliciting donations, handling mailings, attending committee meetings, recruiting attendees, and collecting donations
- The Society's tax‐exemption number for making any purchases related to your event
- Guaranteed volunteer, Board Member, or staff attendance at the event
- Access to donor lists or contacts
- Responsibility of any nature or kind associated directly or indirectly with the event, including, but not limited to, expenses, purchases, insurance or liability coverage
All events benefiting the National MS Society must meet certain standards and criteria. For example, the event must be reputable and in-line with the mission of the Society. All event participants must understand that the event is not produced by the Society nor the responsibility of the Society. As the organizer, you must never state or imply that the National MS Society is an event sponsor.
Please refer to our Legal Policies & Guidelines for a detailed explanation on policies regarding DIY Fundraisers.