Please note: Your team information will not transfer from Bike MS: Inside Out to the new Bike MS: Kansas City Ride 2021 campaign. Team captains will need to recreate the team. If your captain hasn't yet registered, please register as an individual participant, and we'll move you to the proper team once it's created. Please contact us for additional assistance.
Bike MS® is more than just a ride. It’s a community of cyclists dedicated to powering breakthroughs for more than 1 million people living with multiple sclerosis in the US.
At Bike MS, we are committed to providing you with a fully-supported ride experience marked with passion, inspiration and camaraderie you will never forget. With rest stops every 8-12 miles, mechanical and medical support, ride marshals, and volunteers ready to provide assistance before, during and after the ride, Bike MS will be the ride of a lifetime.
Pricing & Dates
- September 25 - 26, 2021
- The $200 fundraising minimum must be met before you pick up your Bike MS packet.
- Registration fee schedule
- $21 starting fee
- $36 on May 24th
- $51 on August 2nd
- $70 on September 13th
- Online registration will close at noon on the Thursday before your event.
Ride Info & Requirements
The Society Safety Protocol is being practiced effectively, but due to increasing community spread we will include more comprehensive screening measures. Therefore, effective this September, the Society’s latest Safety Protocol are as follows:
- Face coverings: Masks required of all attendees at all Society gatherings, both indoor and outdoor, regardless of vaccination status. Anyone accessing a Society office is required to wear a mask.
- Screening: all participants, volunteers, staff, and attendees must pass a COVID-19 exposure and symptom screening and must acknowledge reading our safety protocols and pledge to adhere to those protocols.
- Physical distancing and person-to-person contact: events and gatherings will continue to be planned to allow for distance between staff, volunteers, and participants whenever possible. Subject to local and site requirements.
- Maintain clean spaces: follow CDC guidelines for routine cleaning and sanitizing of restrooms, shared spaces, and high-touch surfaces.
- Handwashing: ensure adequate handwashing supplies and/or hand sanitizer with minimum 60% alcohol is available.
- Communication, education, and expectations: participant, attendee and volunteer expectations and education will be distributed prior to and at the gathering.
- Massage therapists from MS Society or team massage therapist will not be allowed this year.
- Spectators: are allowed but must pay attention to physical distancing. Masks required for all spectators unless actively eating or drinking.
- On Site Registration: Online registration will continue to be open until 12 noon the Thursday before the event. Registration and donation collection allowable on event day.
As a reminder, mask wearing is required at all Society events unless actively eating, drinking, or when actively riding on a Bike MS route. Masks must be worn at all other times at Bike MS, including rest stops, shuttles and SAG Wagons, meals, and programs.
- The minimum age to ride is 12. See the Youth Riders section below for additional requirements for cyclists under the age of 18.
- The fundraising minimum is $200.
- Walk-up registrations are gladly accepted. However, we recommend registering early so you can fundraise and make an even greater impact.
- We ride rain or shine. In the event of lightning or other dangerous weather-related conditions, please check the event website and email updates.
- Helmets are required at all times. No exceptions.
- Support and Gear (SAG) vehicles are available to transport any cyclists in need so personal vehicles are prohibited on the route and at rest stops.
- Pets are not allowed at the ride. However, service animals are welcome.
Families are such a big part of Bike MS and we love seeing them out on the road! To make sure our youngest participants remain safe, here are some special requirements for cyclists under the age of 18:
- All riders must be at least 12 years of age on or before event day – NO EXCEPTIONS.
- All youth riders (ages 12-17) must review the Safety in Group Cycling brochure with a parent or guardian before setting out.
- Youth riders must be accompanied by a parent or responsible adult (at least 21 years of age) at all times.
- One parent/adult may be responsible for no more than three youth riders.
- All the above requirements apply for children on a tandem bicycle.
- No trailers, tagalongs or child carriers are allowed on the route.
Your Bike MS packet contains important items including your rider bib, event details and sponsor giveaways. In order to pick up your packet, you must meet the $200 fundraising minimum and have a completed waiver on file.
Packet Pick Up Dates and Times:
All General Packet Pick Ups will take place at our *new* office location. There is visitor parking available in the front and on the side of the building, and our suite is located on the first floor right inside the front main entrance.
Monday, September 20th - National MS Society, 2020 West 89th Street, Suite 100, Leawood, KS 66206
Tuesday, September 21st - National MS Society, 2020 West 89th Street, Suite 100, Leawood, KS 66206
Wednesday, September 22nd - National MS Society, 2020 West 89th Street, Suite 100, Leawood, KS 66206
Thursday, September 23rd - National MS Society, 2020 West 89th Street, Suite 100, Leawood, KS 66206
Saturday, September 25th (Event Date!) – Start Line at Garmin Headquarters
- 5:30am to 7:30am
*Packets will not be able to picked up outside of these times.
**Rookie Rider and VIP Packet Pick Ups will be held the week of September 13th and are by invitation only.
What’s in the rider packet? Your Bike MS packet contains many important items including your bib number, event details and sponsor giveaways. What's in Your Packet
How do I receive my packet? You must meet the fundraising minimum of $200 and have a completed waiver on file in order to pick up your packet.
Why the $200 fundraising minimum? The National MS Society makes a concerted effort to utilize each dollar raised to help people living with multiple sclerosis. To continue making an impact on the lives of those living with MS through our fundraising efforts, the National MS Society requires all registered participants to have met the $200 minimum fundraising requirement prior to picking up their packet.
Examples of how fundraising helps those living with MS:
- $50 could provide round-trip transportation to a medical appointment
- $100 could help purchase a walker or shower chair
- $250 could fund a transport chair, accessible transportation to a medical appointment or a portable ramp
- $500 could help fund a college scholarship for a high school senior who is living with MS or whose parent is living with MS
- $1,000 could pay for a hospital bed, provide half the cost toward a standard chair lift, or rental assistance to two people living with MS
- $43,000 could fund a research grant (average cost)
While participants are required to meet the fundraising requirement prior to picking up their packet, we encourage the fundraising to continue! Don't stop at just $200 set your goal high and keep raising funds after you experience the ride!
As a Team Captain can I pick up for my entire team? Yes, we highly encourage team captains to pick up for the whole team if possible, as long as all financial obligations have been met and all appropriate waivers are on file. If you are wanting to pick up at one of the packet pick up dates please give us a heads up so we can pull all teammates packets together or we would be happy to drop off to you. To coordinate team packet pick up please email Brooke Tippin at email@example.com
Can anyone else pick up my packet? Yes, another team member, team captain or family member may pick up your packet for you if all financial obligations have been met and all appropriate waivers are on file.
Can I turn in donations at packet pick up? Cyclists are encouraged to turn in any donations raised-to-date.
All donations to the National MS Society are tax-deductible. For non-credit-card donations, please submit your donations as personal/business check, cashier's check, or money order made payable to the National MS Society. Ensure accurate fundraising by writing the participant's name and "2021 Bike MS: Kansas City" in the memo line or other available field on the check/money order.
What else is available at packet pick up? Participant t-shirt, top fundraiser jersey ($1,000+), sponsor giveaways, route maps, and weekend schedule.
IMPORTANT: If you are moving money from one participant to another, please contact the Fundraising Support Center ahead of picking up your packet. FundraisingSupport@nmss.org or 855-372-1331
First Year Riders
Welcome to your first Bike MS experience, congratulations on starting this amazing journey! Check back here to find tips & tricks and other updates for you during your rookie year at the Kansas City ride.
Let’s Get Acquainted, get to know your Kansas City Bike MS Staff! – here
Check out this "Everything You Need to Know" document to help you prepare and plan for our ride weekend.
What is unique about First-Year Riders (Rookies) in your ride?
As someone new to the ride, we want to make sure you have the support and information you need to have a great time at Bike MS: Kansas City.
- We have created a Pre-Event Checklist to help you prepare for your upcoming ride: Bike MS: Kansas City Checklist
- Safety is more important now than ever. Click here to see our new procedures and how you can stay safe while having fun!
- Check out our great Fundraising Tips and Tools. Click here
- Stay in the know! Click here to see the event schedule, routes, and more.
- Let's not forget about perks and prizes. Check out the different prize levels here.
- I Ride with MS Program (IRWMS). This program recognizes participants living with MS. Participants in this program can earn special perks and prizes. Click here to learn more!
Don’t hesitate to reach out to our Fundraising Support Team at Fundraising Support Team or 855-372-1331 with any questions.
Questions? Contact Us for More Information: