Date & Location
October 9 - 10, 2021
Starting line: DelTech Terry Campus
100 Campus Drive
Dover, DE 19904
Routes of 20, 50, 75, 100, 150 and 175 miles
Fundraising Minimum: $300
Age Minimum: 12
Start time TBD
Stay tuned for our 2021 event schedule.
Routes & Maps
The safety of our cyclists is the number one priority at Bike MS which is why we made Think Safe our motto. At this time, we are working towards and looking forward to hosting Bike to the Bay 2021 as a two-day ride with the various route options historically offered each day. We will implement a variety of new protocols in keeping with current guidance on event attendance from the CDC, state, city and other local agencies to keep our participants, volunteers, staff and host communities as safe as possible. These practices will be reviewed 90, 60 and 35 days from event day and may be adjusted as directed by evolving medical information to ensure your safety.
We will keep you updated and informed if any changes must be made to the current ride format at any time throughout the season. Please stay tuned and keep checking back for route details. Visit the Bike Safety & COVID-19 page for more information on safety and what to expect.
Virtual Kick Off Celebration: April 29
New this year Bike to the Bay will be hosting a series of Virtual Team Captain Meetings to help keep you connected and apprised throughout the season.
Join us as Thursday, April 29 at 7pm as we kick off Bike MS: Bike to the Bay 2021. Topics will include:
- Bike to the Bay 2020 Celebrations & Impact
- Bike to the Bay 2021
- What We Are Going For & What to Expect
- Virtual Options
- Fundraising & Recruiting
- Timeline & Key Milestones
- Tools & Resources
- And more!
Microsoft Teams Meeting: Join on your computer or mobile app
Click here to join the meeting
Or call in (audio only)
+1 315-234-6809,,936833801# United States, Syracuse
Phone Conference ID: 936 833 801#
Find a local number | Reset PIN
Both a team and an individual participant can win big during this year’s fundraising weeks.
- Fundraising Week #1: August 2 - August 8
- Fundraising Week #2: August 30- April 5
Who: Winners for each fundraising week will include both the individual (team member or non-team member) and the team(s) with most money raised online (total dollars) during this time.
Team winners will be determined based on the following two divisions. Meaning two teams can win during each fundraising week!
- Teams with more than 15 members at the start of the fundraising week
- Teams with less than 15 members at the start of the fundraising week
- Individual Prize: Bike MS Prize Pack (Bike MS Swag and Gift Card from our partners at Fathead)
- Team Prize(s): Upgraded Team Experience of their choice (team tent upgrades, team porta potty at a rest stop of their choice, dedicated packet pick-up for their team)
How: Utilize the fundraising weeks to reach out to your donors, share why you ride and reach your goal. Hit Top Fundraiser status and earn the 2021 Bike to the Bay commemorative top fundraiser jersey and much more.
Download the new Bike MS App now on Google Play or Apple App Store and take advantage of mobile check deposits. Utilize the Bike MS Fundraising Tool Kit and visit the Bike MS Fundraising Ideas page for more ways to help you reach your goal.
Plus, check your Inbox during these weeks for more details!
Meals & Support
Bike MS is an extraordinary ride no matter where you are! Whether you have a flat tire or need a snack to help get you across the finish line, we’ve got you covered…
Each route includes fully-stocked rest stops every 10 to 12 miles with some of the best snacks and volunteers around. Relax, hydrate, use the restroom, re-apply sunscreen and enjoy the volunteers. Bike mechanics and support and gear (SAG) vehicles will also be on the route to assist you.
After the ride, we will have plenty of food at the finish line.
Lodging & Transportation
Turn your Bike to the Bay ride into a fun weekend at the Delaware shore! Below is a list of hotels in the area to choose from. Select your favorite from this list and book your accommodations accordingly. Shuttle and luggage delivery service will be provided for all hotels listed below.
- The Breakers Hotel: Mention Bike to the Bay ($170 - $215/room) 72-hour cancellation policy. 2-night minimum waived.
- Econo Lodge: Mention Bike to the Bay ($95/room) 72-hour cancellation policy. 2-night minimum waived.
- The Dunes Rehoboth Beach: 72-hour cancellation policy.
- Atlantic Sands: 72-hour cancellation policy. 2-night minimum stay.
- Bell Buoy Inn: 72-hour cancellation policy. 2-night minimum stay.
- Sea Esta I: 72-hour cancellation policy. 2-night minimum stay.
- Best Western Gold Leaf Hotel: 72-hour cancellation policy. 3-night minimum stay.
- Henlopen Hotel: 3-day cancellation policy. 2-night minimum stay.
- Holiday Inn Express: 5-day cancellation policy. No minimum stay.
- Surf Club Oceanfront Hotel: 7-day cancellation policy. 2-night minimum stay.
- Atlantic Oceanside: 7-day cancellation policy. 2-night minimum stay.
- Beach Boutique: 7-day cancellation policy. No minimum stay.
- Crosswinds Motel: 7-day cancellation policy. No minimum stay.
- Rodeway Inn & Suites: No cancellations, changes, or refunds. No minimum stay.
Luggage Transportation and Delivery Service:
Whichever route you choose, we will transport your luggage for you! Depending on the ride you select, we will either deliver your luggage to the finish line or to any of the hotels listed above.
- Hotel delivery service is available for riders starting at the DelTech Campus for the 75 or 100 mile rides (only applicable to the list of hotels above).
- Riders starting from the 50 or 20 mile starts, your luggage will be delivered to the Saturday finish line.
Prior to loading your luggage onto the truck Saturday morning, attach the appropriate color yarn to your bag, letting us know where you would like it delivered.
We will also assist with luggage transportation on Sunday!
- For participants riding back on Sunday, drop your luggage in the hotel lobby (or designated area) by 8 a.m. Luggage trucks will stop at each of these hotels to pick up your luggage.
- If you are not staying at one of the hotels and riding back on Sunday, a luggage truck will also be available until 8 a.m. at the Sunday Start Line to transport luggage back to Dover/DelTech Terry Campus.
All luggage will be delivered to Dover/DelTech Terry Campus and available for pick up at approximately 1 p.m. (weather permitting).
Hotel Shuttles: Shuttle service is provided free of charge for cyclists on Saturday until 7 p.m. and Sunday from 6-8 a.m. Shuttle travel to and from the finish line to all hotels listed on the Bike to the Bay website.
- Saturday: You may leave your bike in overnight bike parking and take the shuttle directly to the hotel (bikes are not permitted on this shuttle).
Transportation Back to Start:
Return transportation to start locations is provided for cyclists, luggage and bicycles on Saturday at 2:00 pm and 6:00pm. Transportation will be provided to the DelTech Campus start ONLY on Sunday at 8:00am sharp. Please sign up for the Sunday shuttle on Saturday at the General Information & Housing tent. Please note that no shuttles will be provided to the 20-mile or 50-mile start locations on Sunday.