Bike MS® is more than just a ride. It’s a community of cyclists dedicated to powering breakthroughs for more than 1 million people living with multiple sclerosis in the US.
At Bike MS, we are committed to providing you with a fully-supported ride experience marked with passion, inspiration and camaraderie you will never forget. With rest stops every 8-12 miles, mechanical and medical support, ride marshals, and volunteers ready to provide assistance before, during and after the ride, Bike MS will be the ride of a lifetime.
Pricing & Dates
- October 17, 2021
- The $200 fundraising minimum must be met before you pick up your Bike MS packet.
- Registration fee schedule
- $21 starting fee
- $36 on Tuesday, June 15, 2021
- $51 on Tuesday, August 24, 2021
- $70 on Tuesday, October 5, 2021
Ride Info & Requirements
- The minimum age to ride is 12. See the Youth Riders section below for additional requirements for cyclists under the age of 18.
- The fundraising minimum is $200.
- Walk-up registrations are gladly accepted. However, we recommend registering early so you can fundraise and make an even greater impact.
- We ride rain or shine. In the event of lightning or other dangerous weather-related conditions, please check the event website and email updates.
- Helmets are required at all times. No exceptions.
- Support and Gear (SAG) vehicles are available to transport any cyclists in need so personal vehicles are prohibited on the route and at rest stops.
- Pets are not allowed at the ride. However, service animals are welcome.
- Helmets are required on the course. No exceptions.
- Mask. Face coverings will be required for all riders, volunteers, and staff throughout the event regardless of vaccination status for COVID-19, effective Monday, August 2nd. Riders may remove their masks when out on the road, eating, or drinking.
- Pre-Event health screening emailed to all participants 24-48 hours prior to the ride. Visit the Bike Safety & COVID-19 page more information.
For the safety of participants please adhere to all the bag restrictions as dictated by the NYPD, large bags that fit into the following specifications are not permitted at the event. For the safety of our riders, large bags and closed baskets are not permitted at the event. Large bags that fit into the following specifications will not be permitted:
- Bags with shoulder straps (including backpacks, hydration packs, drawstring bags, and messenger bags)
- Panniers or bags that hang on the side of your bike
- Covered baskets
- Any bag over 420 cubic inches (6.9 liters)
Approved bags include saddle bags, frame bags, handlebar bags, fanny packs and uncovered baskets.
Families are such a big part of Bike MS and we love seeing them out on the road! To make sure our youngest participants remain safe, here are some special requirements for cyclists under the age of 18:
- All riders must be at least 12 years of age on or before event day – NO EXCEPTIONS.
- All youth riders (ages 12-17) must review the Safety in Group Cycling brochure with a parent or guardian before setting out.
- Youth riders must be accompanied by a parent or responsible adult (at least 21 years of age) at all times.
- One parent/adult may be responsible for no more than three youth riders.
- All the above requirements apply for children on a tandem bicycle.
- No trailers, tagalongs or child carriers are allowed on the route.
How to Obtain Your Rider Number Packet
Your Bike MS packet contains important items including your rider bib, event details and sponsor giveaways. In order to pick up your packet, you must meet the $200 fundraising minimum and have a completed waiver/safety pledge on file. If you registered via our Bike MS New York City website, you have completed the wavier/safety pledge as part of the registration process and no additional action to submit a waiver is required.
See Ride Info & Requirements section for ride requirements.
Check out the rider number instructions included in every packet!
No cyclists will be permitted on the route without a rider number.
Mailing Deadline: September 12
To receive your rider number in the mail, we must have received your required waiver/safety pledge and minimum $200 donation. See Ride Info & Requirements section for ride requirements. Click here to view the final list of all participants who qualified to get their packet mailed by either the September 12th or 27th mailing deadline. All packets that qualified were mailed on Monday October 4th & Tuesday October 5th via the USPS, no additional packets will be mailed prior to event.
If your name is on the list and you do not receive your packet in the mail by Thursday October 14th you will need to make arrangements to attend packet pick up and get a new packet issued. There will be NO packets issued on ride morning so please plan accordingly.
All packets will be mailed via the USPS, if you do not qualify for either mailing you will need to pick up your packet on Friday October 15th or Saturday October 16th. Packets will not be available for pick on ride morning on Sunday October 17th.
Packet Pick Up: October 15th & 16th
Packet pick up will be held outdoors at Pier 84 off the west side highway between 43rd and 44th street. This is an excellent chance to check out the new start finish location prior to ride morning.
Pier 84 is very close to Penn Station-NJ Train Transit, Amtrak, Long Island Railroad, Subway, PATH Trains (NJ) and Port Authority Bus terminal-NYC & NJ and cross town from Grand Central train station-Metro North (NY State), CT Railroad, and subway. Pier 84 is accessible via the MTA from 7 train (15 min walk) and A/C/E trains (15 min walk) and from buses M12 and M42. Parking is available for a fee at the circle line parking garage.
Packet pick up hours:
Friday October 15th from 10am-7pm
Saturday October 16th from noon-4pm
To pick up you packet you will need to have reached the $200 fundraising minimum and have a signed waiver on file. If you registered via our Bike MS New York City website, you have completed the wavier/safety pledge as part of the registration process and no additional action to submit a waiver is required. Packets will not be available for pick on ride morning on Sunday October 17th.
Turning in Donations
Money turn-in envelopes will be available at all start ride morning.
Visit the Donations Guide page to learn more about turning in donations and other frequently asked questions.
Download the Bike MS Mobile app on your Android or iOS device and click on Enter Donations to upload a check. Plus, unlock your 2021 Bike MS Experience.
Reminder: You only need to raise $200 to get your number but aim higher. Raise at least $500 and earn the opportunity to receive cool Bike MS gear.
Raise $1,000 by the day of the ride to earn your 2021 commemorative New York City Fundraiser jersey and other great perks!
Click here to learn more fundraising clubs and incentives.
Visit the Fundraising Ideas and Fundraising Toolkit pages to help you reach your goals!
First Time Riders
Thank you for registering for the 2021 Bike MS New York City. It’s a great ride for a great cause, and we’re glad you're joining us this year. We're so excited for you to be a part of the Bike MS experience!
As someone new to the ride, we want to make sure you have the support and information you need.
- Safety is more important now than ever. Click here to see our new procedures and how you can stay safe while having fun!
- Check out our great Fundraising Tips and Tools here
- Stay in the know! Click here to see event details.
- Let's not forget about perks and prizes. Check out the different prize levels here!
- I Ride with MS Program (IRWMS). This program recognizes participants living with MS. Participants in this program can earn special perks and prizes. Click here to learn more!
- Check out new things in 2021, including the Bike MS App, Virtual Training, and more here!
- Don’t hesitate to reach out to our Fundraising Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 855-372-1331 with any questions.
If you want to connect with our local team, please reach out to Raeya Stephan at email@example.com.
Rookie Rally (Virtual) Meetings
Bike MS: New York City will be bringing back our Virtual Rookie Rally Calls for 2021 for our first-time riders!
Our first Rookie Rider Rally was a great success! If you missed it, you can watch here and view the deck here. But for reference, here is a recap of all the important information we discussed:
- NEW FESTIVAL LOCATION AND ROUTE: The start/finish line and party will be at Pier 84, between 43/44th street on the Westside Highway. Free lunch and beer (top fundraisers get a free beer!) will be served at the after celebration. We have made the difficult decision to only host the 30-mile route this year. The course will remain unchanged however we are not able to have the 50, 62.5-mile routes in 2021. They will return in 2022.
- FUNDRAISING TIPS AND TRICKS - Ideas on the best way to fundraise and exceed the minimum including linking your page to Facebook, instructions here.
- BIKE RENTALS - Unlimited Biking is our rental sponsor and can provides rentals of beautiful Cannondale bikes on ride day complete with a helmet.
- TRAINING AND CYCLING COMMUNITY - Join our Strava and Facebook community to connect with fellow Bike MS cyclists. Also join our training challenges hosted on our Bike MS App!
- MATCHING GIFTS - Take advantage of company matching programs and offer to help co-workers and donors fill out the paperwork. See if your organization has Matching Gifts here.
- DOWNLOAD THE APP - The new Bike MS App has awesome features like badges, team messaging and fin filters. Learn about our fun challenges 5 weeks out from the ride
Join use for our 2nd Rookie Rally Call on Wednesday, September 29th from 5:30-6:15 and learn everything you need to know before you go:
We will be discussing:
- What to bring ride weekend
- What to expect on the course
- Tips for your last fundraising push
- And much more!
What are the requirements?
There are no specific requirements for being a Virtual Cyclist - how you engage is completely up to you. You may choose to ride a certain amount of miles over the course of the whole summer, meet up with a few friends for a jaunt around the local trails, or do no cycling at all - it's all up to you! What matters is that you're helping us make a difference, and push toward a world free of MS.
Can I join a team as a Virtual Cyclist?
Absolutely! You can join or create a team, and teams can have a mix of both virtual and regular cyclists.
Can I switch from being a regular Cyclist to a Virtual Cyclist, or vice versa?
You can! It's a little easier to switch from a regular cyclist to virtual than the other way around - if you're switching from Virtual to in-person, you'll be responsible for the current registration fee, as well as filling out a paper waiver.
For help doing either, reach out to Fundraising Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or 855-372-1331.
Have more questions? Reach out to Rachel Oster at email@example.com.
Questions? Contact Us for More Information: