November 25, 2021
Boston Volvo Cars
The first 700 registrants will receive a free t-shirt. All participants will receive a finisher medal.
Registration & Check-in: 7:30-8:30am
Boston Volvo Thanksgiving Day 5K is a fun 5K run and is a chip-timed, USATF-certified course. All run routes are accessible for pushed wheelchairs.
Pricing & Dates
Registration fees for in-person runners:
- $25 starting fee through September 30
- $35 from October 1 to November 22
- $40 on event day
- Online registration closes on November 22 at end-of-day. On-site registration will be open from 7:30-8:30am on event day.
Virtual participants have a $20 flat fee.
Info & Requirements
Safety & COVID-19
Your safety is our number one priority; that’s why we made Think Safe our motto. To do your part to ensure everyone is safe, please review this safety information about personal safety and COVID protocols.
COVID-19: What to Expect
MS doesn’t stop, and neither will we. We’ve implemented protocols in keeping with current guidance on event attendance from the CDC, state, city and other local agencies to keep our participants, volunteers, staff and host communities as safe as possible. These practices may be adjusted as directed by evolving medical information to ensure your safety at this year’s events.
Here’s what to expect:
- Face coverings: Masks are required of all attendees at all Society gatherings, both indoor and outdoor, regardless of vaccination status. Masks may be removed when eating, drinking, or when running/walking in the 5K. Anyone accessing a Society office is required to wear a mask.
- Screening: all participants, volunteers, staff and attendees must pass a COVID-19 exposure and symptom screening and must acknowledge reading our safety protocols and pledge to adhere to those protocols. If a venue or local health mandate requires proof of vaccination or negative test, the Society will comply.
- Physical distancing and person-to-person contact: events and gatherings will continue to be planned to allow for distance between staff, volunteers and participants whenever possible. Subject to local and site requirements.
- Maintain clean spaces: follow CDC guidelines for routine cleaning and sanitizing of restrooms, shared spaces, and high-touch surfaces.
- Handwashing: ensure adequate handwashing supplies and/or hand sanitizer with minimum 60% alcohol is available.
- Communication, education and expectations: participant, attendee and volunteer expectations and education will be distributed prior to and at the gathering.
Participating can be even more fun and memorable when you do it with a team. Invite friends, family members, co-workers, and anyone else you know to join and fundraise with you.
Want to change your registration from an individual to a team? No problem! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the team you'd like to join and we'll get you set up with the correct team.
All participants (age 3 and up) must be registered. This is for your safety and so that each participant qualifies for fundraising incentives. All those that raise $100+ will qualify to receive a prize. If you have four or more friends/family joining you, think about forming a team.
We gladly accept walk-on walker and runner registrations on the morning of the event. However, the Boston Volvo Thanksgiving Day 5K is a fundraising event, so we encourage early registration so you have adequate time to fundraise!
The Boston Volvo Thanksgiving Day 5K is a rain or shine event. In the event of lightning or other dangerous conditions, we will delay the event until conditions improve. Please watch for weather-related updates via email and the event website.
Dogs are permitted outdoors, but we ask for you to start in the back of the crowd to allow competitive runners room to start.
All run routes are accessible for pushed wheelchairs.
There will also be accessible restrooms available to participants at each site.
Food at the Event
Light snacks and water are available at the start line. If you have special dietary restrictions or needs, please bring your own food and/or beverages.
Prizes, Awards & Results
Special awards will be given to the top 3 overall male and female finishers.
All participants will receive the Finisher Medal. The first 700 registrants will receive a free t-shirt:
Fundraising Levels & Incentives
The funds you raise for the Boston Volvo Thanksgiving Day 5K help improve the lives of people living with MS through programs, services and research.
All participants who raise $100+ will receive an official Society tote bag!
The first 700 registrants receive a free t-shirt, and all participants will receive a medal. Virtual participants will receive their t-shirt and medal in the mail.
Packet Pick-Up, Parking & Pre-Event Activities
Details are still being confirmed – stay tuned!
Raise $50 by November 7 to have your race materials mailed to you – beat the crowds!
Parking is available at the Stop and Shop Plaza on 60 Everett St, Allston, MA 02134.
What to Wear
Wear comfortable walking or running shoes and dress in layers so you are warm at the start and finish lines, and cool during the event.
Thanksgiving Turkey hats and tutus are encouraged!
Volunteers make our events possible!
Each year, thousands of people across the country join the National MS Society volunteer team. From planning event details and calling past participants to providing safety and support event day , volunteers make it happen, and are the foundation of our fundraising events .
Who can volunteer?
Families, corporate groups, and individuals of all ages and abilities are encouraged and welcome to volunteer. We are always looking for youth clubs, corporate, and service-oriented community groups to lend a hand before, during, and after our events.
When you decide to volunteer, you become part of the MS movement – a collective of passionate individuals, moving together to create a world free of MS. Together we provide support, have fun, and make a difference in the lives of people living with MS.
Some volunteer positions require specialized skills, a criminal and/or DMV background check and some may involve driving or heavy lifting. Contact us with questions about the volunteer opportunities available for you.
Volunteer AND Fundraise – the best of both worlds!
Did you know that volunteers are some of our most powerful fundraisers? MS volunteers who choose to fundraise will be given access to a variety of great tools. Simply let us know that you are interested in fundraising (you'll be asked when you register) and we'll make sure you get set up with the Fundraising Center where you can set a fundraising goal, update your personal webpage to share your story with others, email supporters, track your progress and qualify for great fundraising prizes!
Sign Up Today!
To sign up, click the button below and you will be taken to the Galaxy Digital page for this event.