Date & Location
May 7, 2022
Start/finish location: Deal Casino Beach Club
125 Ocean Ave, Deal, NJ 07723
Routes from 25, 50, 75, and 100 miles
Fundraising Minimum: $250
Age Minimum: 12
- 6:30 a.m. Registration & Rider Number Pick Up Opens
- 9:00 a.m. 100 & 75-mile routes start
- 8:30 a.m. 50-mile route start
- 9:00 a.m. 25-mile route start
- 5:00 p.m. All Routes Close
Friday, May 6th at 12:00 p.m. ET: Online Registration Closes
- Make sure you’re registered before we shut down online portal
- Note: day-of registrations will be accepted as long as the rider meets the $250 fundraising minimum
Saturday, May 7th: Coast the Coast 2022
Reminder: we ride rain or shine!
- Parking is easy with more than 200 spaces located in the main parking lot. Follow signs. Premier spots, located directly in front of the Deal Casino Beach Club entrance, will be reserved for Top 40 Club members. A ‘VIP’ parking pass will be provided to all Top 40 Club members.
- Check-in Starts at 6:30 a.m. Pick up your rider packet, grab a bite to eat, & get ready to ride!
- Riders will depart the starting line between 7:00-9:30 am based on their route selection:
- 100 mile route: depart by 7:00 am
- 75 mile route: depart by 7:00 am
- 50 mile route: depart by 8:30 am
- 25 mile route: depart by 9:30 am
Attention: 25 & 50 mile cyclists, please start at your prescribed start time to ensure your route is supported and the finish line is up and running prior to arriving back.
- Route Closes at 5:00 p.m. We will make every effort to work with you to complete the ride.
- Finish Line Festivities: celebrate the end of a great day at the finish line! Engage with your team and other riders over a complimentary BBQ picnic style meal, pick up your ride t-shirt, grab a beer from our beer garden, and enjoy the festivities and live band!
Please note: this schedule is subject to change. A more detailed itinerary will be available closer to the event date.
Routes & Maps
Route Info & Options
We are looking forward an amazing one-day experience providing coastal, scenic route options, ranging from 25-100 miles. Ride along the Asbury Park Boardwalk and large stretches of Ocean Ave, enjoy the flat terrain of the coast.
All routes will start and end together at the Deal Casino Beach Club , where you and your teammates can celebrate your accomplishments while you enjoy a complimentary meal, access to our NEW beer garden, live entertainment and more! Visit the Event Schedule and Meals & Support sections of this page for more details.
Our route options are listed below along with departure times for each:
- 100 Mile Start: depart by 7:00 am
- Note: Riders must maintain an average 10.5 MPH speed on the course to ensure they finish by 5:00 PM. Anyone falling behind this average will be asked to shorten their route at rest stops later on in the ride.
- 75 Mile Start: depart by 7:00 am
- Note: Riders must maintain an average 8 MPH speed on the course to ensure they finish by 5:00 PM. Anyone falling behind this average will be asked to shorten their route at rest stops later on in the ride.
- 50 Mile Start: depart by 8:30 am
- 25 Mile Start: depart by 9:30 am
You’ll select your desired route option when you register for the ride. However, your choice can easily be modified come ride day. For instance, if you signed up for the 75 mile route, but come ride day are feeling a little sore, you’re more than welcome to switch to the 50 mile route. Or if you signed up for the 25 mile route but are feeling extra ambitious that Saturday, you can easily move up to the 50 mile. We’re flexible! As long as you adhere to the posted departure times above, feel free to ride the route that works for you.
No matter which route mileage option you choose, all routes start and finish at the Deal Casino Beach Club (125 Ocean Ave, Deal, NJ). Use the links below to view the maps for each route. Click the “Send to Device” button to download the map to your mobile device. Or download the Ride with GPS app to track your progress as you ride!
- 25 Mile Route Map - view here
- 50 Mile Route Map - view here
- 75 Mile Route Map - view here
- 100 Mile Route Map - view here
*Please note: route maps are subject to change
We ride rain or shine. Please be prepared for rain, cold weather or very sunny conditions. Weather can change overnight so prepare for every scenario. Stay tuned to our site and your inbox for up-to-date announcements regarding inclement weather.
- 100 Mile Start: depart by 7:00 am
Raise money & win prizes with Bike MS! Our fundraising weeks are an opportunity to kick your fundraising into high gear & compete for top prizing. We have categories for both teams and individuals to compete. Save the dates for your chance to win!
- Fundraising Week #1: February 28, 2022 - March 6, 2022 (see below for winners)
- Fundraising Week #2: March 28, 2022 - April 3, 2022
Fundraising Weeks run Monday through Sunday at midnight. Each fundraising week will have winners in the following categories*:
- Team with 4-10 members
- Team with 11+ members
- Individual rider (team member or non-team member)
*based on the highest amount of online fundraising (total dollars raised) this week
As a reward for your amazing fundraising, we will award the following prizes for Fundraising Weeks:
- Team winners:
- Cabana-style Team Tent at Deal Casino Beach Club
- Cabanas will come stocked with upgraded snacks & beverages
- Use your cabana as a meeting spot for your team to hang out, relax, and stash belongings.
- Cabana-style Team Tent at Deal Casino Beach Club
- Individual winner:
- Bike MS Beach Bag Giveaway
- Includes 2 season-long beach badges to Jenkinson Beach in Point Pleasant, NJ
- Beach bag will also include other beach essentials for fun-in-the-sun all summer long!
- Bike MS Beach Bag Giveaway
Fundraising Week Winners
Fundraising Week #1 kicked off our 2022 fundraising, raising over $18,000 in a single week! Followed by an incredible, milestone crushing Fundraising Week #2, raising nearly $40,000 in JUST ONE WEEK!! Congratulations to ALL of our fundraisers for your incredible dedication to helping us End MS!
Shout Out to our Fundraising Week Team & Individual Winners:
- Annie’s Peeps (Fundraising Week 1 & 2!!)
- Cyclomaniacs (Fundraising Week 1)
- Allison's Angels (Fundraising Week 2)
- Anne Matthews (Fundraising Week 1)
- Bill Fredericks (Fundraising Week 2)
Meals & Support
Bike MS is an extraordinary ride no matter where you are! Whether you have a flat tire or need a snack to help get you across the finish line, we’ve got you covered…
Each route includes fully-stocked rest stops every 10 to 12 miles with some of the best snacks and volunteers around. Relax, hydrate, use the restroom, re-apply sunscreen and enjoy the volunteers. Bike mechanics and support and gear (SAG) vehicles will also be on the route to assist you.
After the ride, we will have plenty of food at the finish line.
Food & Beverage
At every step of your ride day journey, you’ll have access to plenty of non-alcoholic drinks, snacks, and meals.
Before you ride, we’ll have light food & beverage options at the start line. Refuel along the way at our rest stops with more snacks such as chips, energy bars, fruit and more. It is important you bring your own water bottle to refill at each stop & stay hydrated! Once you complete the ride, we’ll have another full meal available for you to enjoy at the finish line.
Lunch will be provided by the Parlor Lavallette in Lavallette, NJ. The lunch stop is located on the 75 & 100 mile routes and will offer complimentary sandwiches and other goodies to help cyclists refuel.
Once you complete the ride, enjoy a BBQ picnic style meal with your fellow cyclists Plus, pair your meal with a beer in the NEW beer garden, while listening to live music.
Reach Top Fundraiser status ($1,000+ in fundraising) by ride weekend and receive extra ride day and finish line perks, including an enhanced meal at the finish line.
Rest Stops: First Class Support
Rest stops are located approximately every 12 miles featuring:
- Fun festivities and smiling faces
- Individually wrapped snacks such as chips, energy bar or gel, fruit and more. Lunch will be provided for the 75 & 100 mile cyclists. Cyclists must bring their own water bottles. Individual water bottles (and sport drinks) will be available for refills. Rest stops will have Volunteers will restock, but not serve participants.
- First aid stations
- Mechanical support
*Please note: only authorized Bike MS vehicles and cyclists are permitted access to the rest stops ride weekend. All other vehicular traffic is prohibited.
We make every effort to ensure you won’t get lost. The route will be clearly marked with orange direction signs, including on straightaways, so you will know you're riding in the right direction. You can also follow along using the Ride with GPS app and provided cue sheets.
Emergency Medical Support
Emergency medical support travels the entire route in the event that a cyclist may be injured. Help us provide top-notch first aid by completing the back of your rider number bib with your emergency contact information. In addition, an emergency number will be printed on the wristband you’ll receive with your packet. Use this number during the ride if you spot an accident. First aid stations will also be available.
Support and Gear (SAG) Vehicles
Just can’t push another pedal, or just need a ride to the next stop? These van & truck duos rove the route and rest stops.
Flip your bike upside down and look for the first SAG wagon to come your way. Give the thumbs-down signal if you want to be picked up. You and your bike will be transported.
NOTE: The trip into the finish line is not always direct. Be patient as we pick up other cyclists in need. If you only want a ride to the next rest stop, let the driver know. Always remember to thank your driver, who is volunteering his or her time for the weekend to support you.
Personal SAG Vehicles PROHIBITED. Personal SAG vehicles are not permitted on the route. Please understand our need to cut down on vehicular traffic for YOUR SAFETY.
Police & Communities Who Welcome Us
Please be respectful of the communities that support and welcome Bike MS! Their hospitality makes this event possible. Every effort is made to keep you safe. Where possible, local law enforcement agencies have been recruited to help you travel safely through intersections and on shared roadways.
Be courteous, as they help you travel safely through their communities.
Post Ride Updates & Reminders
REACH THE ULTIMATE FINISH LINE
While the weather has impacted our plans, we will not let it stop us from crossing the finish line of creating a world free of MS! The ultimate finish line is still ahead.
Help Coast the Coast reach its goal of raising $415,000 and set your sites on earning some great prizes.
There is still time to reach the $250 fundraising minimum, top fundraisers status and your fundraising goal.
- Turn in additional donations and submit matching gifts
- Share, Share Share! Maximize social media, email and personal touch points.
- Did you get the miles in on your own? Share your ride photos with current and potential donors, thanking those who have donated and reminding potential donors there is still time.
- Your fundraising goal and status. Remind people there is still time, what you want to achieve and why.
- Your impact. Together, we’ve achieved more breakthroughs for MS than the world has seen for any other neurological disease. The National MS Society has invested in early research that has led to the discovery of every effective treatment for MS, including the first therapies for primary progressive and pediatric MS. Watch this video to learn more.
- Check out the Fundraising Toolkit and other great Fundraising Ideas
Thank you to everyone that was able to brave the weather and join us indoors at the impromptu ‘Coast to Celtic’ event at Celtic Cottage Pub on Saturday, May 7. If you turned in donations on Saturday, please allow us at 7-10 business days to process and credit to your account.
Thanks for all you do to help move our mission forward. Your efforts fund critical services for people living with MS and research to move us closer to a cure.
EVENT T-SHIRTS & MEDALS:
Event t-shirts and medals will be mailed to anyone that has met the $250 fundraising minimum before the June 7 fundraising deadline and were not able to join us for the ‘Coast to Celtic’ event on Saturday, May 7.
Raise at least $500 before June 7 and qualify to receive a pair of collectible Bike MS socks or a stainless steel sports bottle. Click here to learn more.
TOP FUNDRAISER JERSEY:
If you exceeded $1,000 your 2022 commemorative top fundraiser jersey will be mailed to you in the next few weeks if you were not able to join us for the ‘Coast to Celtic’ event on Saturday, May 7.
Anyone that reaches this milestone before the June 7 fundraising deadline will have their jersey mailed to them in July.
Plus, all Top Fundraisers qualify to receive additional Bike MS gear based on your fundraising totals. Set your sites high! The top 40 fundraisers from Coast the Coast 2022 will earn exclusive status in the 2023 Top 40 Club, earning other great swag and perks at the 2023 ride. Visit the leaderboard to see where you rank!