Bike MS® is more than just a ride. It’s a community of cyclists dedicated to powering breakthroughs for more than 1 million people living with multiple sclerosis in the US.
At Bike MS, we are committed to providing you with a fully-supported ride experience marked with passion, inspiration and camaraderie you will never forget. With rest stops every 8-12 miles, mechanical and medical support, ride marshals, and volunteers ready to provide assistance before, during and after the ride, Bike MS will be the ride of a lifetime.
Pricing & Dates
- June 4 - 5, 2022
- The $300 fundraising minimum must be met before you pick up your Bike MS packet.
- Registration fee schedule
- $20 starting fee
- $35 on December 6, 2021
- $50 on January 31, 2022
- $60 on April 11, 2022
- $70 on May 23, 2022
- Online registration closes on June 2, 2022 at 12pm
Ride Info & Requirements
- The minimum age to ride is 18 years old for the 2-day route option (15-17 with approval) and 12 years old for the 1-day Saturday Williamsburg out and back. See the Youth Riders section below for additional requirements for cyclists under the age of 18.
- The fundraising minimum is $300.
- Walk-up registrations are gladly accepted. However, we recommend registering early so you can fundraise and make an even greater impact.
- We ride rain or shine. In the event of lightning or other dangerous weather-related conditions, please check the event website and email updates.
- Helmets are required at all times. No exceptions.
- Support and Gear (SAG) vehicles are available to transport any cyclists in need so personal vehicles are prohibited on the route and at rest stops.
- Pets are not allowed at the ride. However, service animals are welcome.
Families are such a big part of Bike MS and we love seeing them out on the road! To make sure our youngest participants remain safe, here are some special requirements for cyclists under the age of 18:
- The age minimum is 18 years old for the 2-day route option (15-17 with approval) and 12 years old for the 1-day Saturday Williamsburg out and back. Age minimums must be reached on or before event day – NO EXCEPTIONS.
- All youth riders (ages 12-17) must review the Safety in Group Cycling brochure with a parent or guardian before setting out.
- Youth riders must be accompanied by a parent or responsible adult (at least 21 years of age) at all times.
- One parent/adult may be responsible for no more than three youth riders.
- All the above requirements apply for children on a tandem bicycle.
- No trailers, tagalongs or child carriers are allowed on the route.
Mark your calendars for a Packet Pick Up!
- Mark your calendars for a Packet Pick Up!
- Your Bike MS packet contains important items including your rider bib, event details and sponsor giveaways. In order to pick up your packet, you must meet the $300 fundraising minimum and have a completed waiver on file.
- What’s in the rider packet? Your Bike MS packet contains many important items including your bib number, luggage tags, emergency number wristband, event details and sponsor giveaways.
- How do I receive my packet? You must meet the fundraising minimum of $300 and have a completed waiver on file in order to pick up your packet.
- Why the $300 fundraising minimum? The National MS Society makes a concerted effort to utilize each dollar raised to help people living with multiple sclerosis. To continue making an impact on the lives of those living with MS through our fundraising efforts, the National MS Society requires all registered participants to have met the $300 minimum fundraising requirement prior to picking up their packet.
Examples of how fundraising helps those living with MS:
- $50 could provide round-trip transportation to a medical appointment
- $100 could help purchase a walker or shower chair
- $250 could fund a transport chair, accessible transportation to a medical appointment or a portable ramp
- $500 could help fund a college scholarship for a high school senior who is living with MS or whose parent is living with MS
- $1,000 could pay for a hospital bed, provide half the cost toward a standard chair lift, or rental assistance to two people living with MS
- $43,000 could fund a research grant (average cost)
While participants are required to meet the fundraising requirement prior to picking up their packet, we encourage the fundraising to continue! Don't stop at just $300 set your goal high and keep raising funds after you experience the ride!
Can anyone else pick up my packet? Yes, another team member, team captain or family member may pick up your packet for you if all financial obligations have been met and all appropriate waivers are on file.
- When do I receive my packet? Packets may be picked up at any of the early packet pick up locations listed below or one hour before the start of the ride. All applicable waivers must be signed, and all financial obligations must be met before a rider may pick up a packet.
Can I turn in donations at packet pick up? Cyclists are encouraged to turn in any donations raised-to-date.
All donations to the National MS Society are tax-deductible. For non-credit-card donations, please submit your donations as personal/business check, cashier's check, or money order made payable to the National MS Society. Ensure accurate fundraising by writing the participant's name and "2022 Bike MS: Colonial Crossroads" in the memo line or other available field on the check/money order.
- What else is available at packet pick up? Participant t-shirt, top fundraiser jersey ($1,200+), Club 50 gift, sponsor giveaways, cue sheets, route maps, weekend schedule, and staff will be present to answer questions!
IMPORTANT: By default, your packet will be located at the early packet pick up locations associated with your start line choice.
- If you are a 1-Day cyclist starting in Williamsburg and would like to pick up your packet ahead of Saturday, June 4, please contact us.
- If you plan to start in Richmond but would like your packet in the Virginia Beach area, please contact us with the packet pick up location you plan to attend.
- If you plan to start in Smithfield but would like to pick up your packet in Richmond, please contact us.
IMPORTANT: If you are moving money from one participant to another, please contact the Fundraising Support Center ahead of picking up your packet.
FundraisingSupport@nmss.org or 855-372-1331
Wednesday, May 25th - W’burg
2054 Jamestown Road
Williamsburg, VA 23185
4:30 PM -6:30 PM
Thursday, May 26th - Richmond
Starr Hill Beer Hall & Rooftop
2406 W Leigh Street
Richmond, VA 23230
4 PM - 7 PM
Wednesday, June 1st - RVA
National MS Society
4200 Innslake Drive, Suite 301
Glen Allen, VA 23060
8 AM – 6 PM
Wednesday, June 1st - Virginia Beach
The Casual Pint
3380 Princess Anne Road
Virginia Beach, VA 23456
5 PM - 7 PM
Friday, June 3st - RVA
Triple Crossing Brewery – Fulton
5203 Hatcher Street
Richmond, VA 23231
4 PM – 7 PM
6:30 AM – 7:30 AM
Richmond Start Line
Varina High School
7053 Messer Road
Henrico, VA 23231
6:30 AM – 7:30 AM
Smithfield Start Line
Windsor Castle Park
301 Jericho Road
Smithfield, VA 23430
8:00 AM – 9:00 AM
Williamsburg Start Line
Chickahominy Riverfront Park
1350 John Tyler Highway
Williamsburg, VA 23185
First Time Riders
First time participating in Bike MS or Bike MS: Colonial Crossroads?
Bike MS: Colonial Crossroads is more than a weekend event, it's a year-round experience with life-long friends creating an impact on those living with MS. We want you to have an incredible first year experiencing Bike MS and provide the tools and social events to help!
Thank you for registering and training for your first Bike MS. The excitement is building, and you may be feeling some nervous energy, we hope the below information will guide you through the experience. This event is to celebrate your fundraising success and driving us one day closer to a cure. We look forward to cheering you on, and we will see you at the finish line.
As someone new to the ride, we want to make sure you have the support and information you need to have a great time at Bike MS: Colonial Crossroads!
- Safety is more important now than ever. Click here to see our new procedures and how you can stay safe while having fun!
- Check out our great Fundraising Tips and Tools. Click here
- Stay in the know! Click here to see the event schedule, routes, and more.
- Let's not forget about perks and prizes. Check out the different prize levels here.
- I Ride with MS Program (IRWMS). This program recognizes participants living with MS. Participants in this program can earn special perks and prizes. Click here to learn more!
- Check out new things in 2022, including the Bike MS App, Virtual Training, and more!
Join us for Pre-Ride First Time Rider Engagement Opportunities
Join us for an upcoming virtual event designed to provide you all the necessary information for a successful ride and learn fundraising tops to help you reach your goals!
- Rookie Rider Meet Up
Wednesday, April 20th
5:30 PM – 6:30 PM
Join on your computer or mobile app Click here to join the meeting
Or call in (audio only) +1 315-234-6809,,183362232#
Wear your Rookie Rider Sticker with pride!
Get your exclusive sticker located at packet pick up!
Rookie Rider of the Year Award
Set your sights on this prestigious award! The Rookie Rider of the Year award is given to the top Rookie Rider fundraiser!
Congratulations to Catherine Pierce of Pedalin’ with GP on winning the 2021 Rookie of the Year Award raising $3,463!
Questions? Contact Us for More Information: