Bike MS® is more than just a ride. It’s a community of cyclists dedicated to powering breakthroughs for more than 1 million people living with multiple sclerosis in the US.
At Bike MS, we are committed to providing you with a fully-supported ride experience marked with passion, inspiration and camaraderie you will never forget. With rest stops every 8-12 miles, mechanical and medical support, ride marshals, and volunteers ready to provide assistance before, during and after the ride, Bike MS will be the ride of a lifetime.
Pricing & Dates
June 11 - 12, 2022
See the Event Schedule here.
The $300 fundraising minimum must be met before you pick up your Bike MS packet. Sign up early and save on registration! Registration fees will increase as the ride gets closer.
- Registration fee schedule
- $20 starting fee
- $35 on December 13, 2021
- $50 on February 7, 2022
- $60 on April 18, 2022
- $70 on May 30, 2022
- Online registration closes on June 8, 2022 at 9am
Ride Info & Requirements
- The minimum age to ride is 12. See the Youth Riders section below for additional requirements for cyclists under the age of 18.
- The fundraising minimum is $300.
- Walk-up registrations are gladly accepted. However, we recommend registering early so you can fundraise and make an even greater impact.
- We ride rain or shine. In the event of lightning or other dangerous weather-related conditions, please check the event website and email updates.
- Helmets are required at all times. No exceptions.
- Support and Gear (SAG) vehicles are available to transport any cyclists in need so personal vehicles are prohibited on the route and at rest stops.
- Pets are not allowed at the ride. However, service animals are welcome.
Families are such a big part of Bike MS and we love seeing them out on the road! To make sure our youngest participants remain safe, here are some special requirements for cyclists under the age of 18:
- All riders must be at least 12 years of age on or before event day – NO EXCEPTIONS.
- All youth riders (ages 12-17) must review the Safety in Group Cycling brochure with a parent or guardian before setting out.
- Youth riders must be accompanied by a parent or responsible adult (at least 21 years of age) at all times.
- One parent/adult may be responsible for no more than three youth riders.
- All the above requirements apply for children on a tandem bicycle.
- No trailers, tagalongs or child carriers are allowed on the route.
Know your rider number: View the 2022 rider number roster (last updated: June 8, 2022).
- Your Bike MS packet contains important items including your rider bib, event details and sponsor giveaways. In order to pick up your packet, you must meet the $300 fundraising minimum and have a completed waiver on file.
- All minors must have a paper waiver on file, signed by their parent or legal guardian
- Packets may be picked up on behalf of other participants as long as you have their permission and they meet the fundraising and waiver requirements
- Packets must be picked up before you start the event. Packet pick-up is available at the following times and locations:
Pre-Event Packet Pickup
University Place Plaza - First Floor Conference Room
2829 University Ave SE
Minneapolis, MN 55414
- The building is located next to the Prospect Park stop on the Green Line of the Light Rail.
- Parking is available in the visitor lot off 29th Ave SE, or in the ramp on the corner of 29th Ave SE and SE 4th St
- Enter from the front of the building, facing University Ave SE
Wednesday, June 1st
9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday, June 10th
Participants taking the shuttle from Century College on Friday can pick up their packet on-site. Please note that you must attach your rider number to your luggage and bike before loading them onto transportation.
Proctor High School
Saturday, June 11th
Participants based in the Duluth area can pick up their packets on-site at the Proctor start line before beginning the ride.
Team Packet Pick-up
Winners of Fundraising Week #2 will receive a personal packet pick-up for their team. If your team has a private pick-up, your captain should coordinate with you about specifics.
Want to join in, but riding in-person isn't for you? Register as a Virtual Cyclist!
What are the requirements?
There are no specific requirements for being a Virtual Cyclist - how you engage is completely up to you. You may choose to ride a certain amount of miles over the course of the whole summer, meet up with a few friends for a jaunt around the local trails, or do no cycling at all - it's all up to you! What matters is that you're helping us make a difference, and push toward a world free of MS.
Can I join a team as a Virtual Cyclist?
Absolutely! You can join or create a team, and teams can have a mix of both virtual and regular cyclists.
Can I switch from being a regular Cyclist to a Virtual Cyclist, or vice versa?
You can! It's a little easier to switch from a regular cyclist to virtual than the other way around - if you're switching from Virtual to in-person, you'll be responsible for the current registration fee, as well as filling out a paper waiver.
For help doing either, reach out to Fundraising Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or 855-372-1331.
Have more questions? Reach out to Alissa Groff at Alissa.Groff@nmss.org.
Questions? Contact Us for More Information: