Climb to the Top MS Event Details
Date & Location
May 15, 2022
Fundraising Minimum: $250
Age Minimum: 12 years
Start time: 8 a.m.
Due to our new event format and location (you will be going up and down the stairs in the stadium), Climb to the Top will not be a timed event this year. Don’t worry, you will still get the same sense of satisfaction, great view, and heart-pumping experience!
Event Schedule & Pricing
Climbers and First Responders
- $35 starting registration fee
- $55 on Monday, February 14, 2022
- $65 on Monday, March 21, 2022
- $85 on Sunday, April 24, 2022
- $100 on event day. Online registration closes at the end of the day on May 13, 2022.
$20 registration fee
The journey to curing MS has its ups and downs. Join us as we climb and up and down the stairs at Gillette Stadium to raise critical funds for the nearly 1 million people living with MS in the United States.
Stay tuned for event day details and schedule.
Climb to the Top MS is giving you an inside look and one-of-a-kind experience to break out of the stairwell and climb in the open air at Gillette Stadium.
Here’s what makes it so iconic:
- Located in Foxborough, Massachusetts, Gillette Stadium is the home of the New England Patriots and the New England Revolution.
- The stadium is 16 stories tall and has 68,000 seats.
- On a typical game day, Patriots fans eat more than one ton of Italian sausage and warm up with 186 gallons of clam chowder.
- 432 concerts have been hosted at Gillette from some of music’s biggest artists.
- Architects used local references when building Gillette including a 12-story lighthouse (based on numerous New England lighthouses) and a pedestrian bridge (resembling Longfellow Bridge in Boston).
- Register by March 16, 2022 to earn a Climb to the Top cell phone wallet.
- Reach the $250 fundraising minimum to also earn an event T-shirt and medal.
- Raise $300 by the early incentive deadline of April 10, 2022 to earn a Climb to the Top insulated mug.
- Raise $1,000 to earn a Top Fundraiser long-sleeved tech shirt.
Safety & COVID-19
Your safety is our number one priority; that’s why we made Think Safe our motto. To do your part to ensure everyone is safe, please review this safety information about personal safety and COVID protocols.
COVID-19: What to Expect
As we navigate the continued effects of COVID-19, the health and safety of people with MS and everyone in the MS movement is our top priority. That’s why we have a protocols in place based on the latest guidance from public health authorities. Here’s what you need to know about COVID-19 safety when attending a National MS Society event or gathering:
- Masks are required indoors and strongly encouraged outdoors. Masks are not required any time you are eating, drinking or engaging in physical activity.
- While vaccinations are not required to attend most National MS Society events, we strongly encourage everyone get vaccinated to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Additionally, COVID-19 vaccines are mandatory for all Society employees as of January 2022.
- Society events are planned to allow for physical distance between staff, volunteers and participants whenever possible.
- We follow CDC guidelines for routine cleaning and sanitizing of restrooms, shared spaces, and high-touch surfaces, as well as ensure adequate handwashing supplies and/or hand sanitizer.
- There may be additional safety protocol for some events due to special circumstances, venue requirements or local mandates. Stay tuned to all communication about your event so you can be prepared.
- Stay home if you experience any COVID-19 symptoms within 24 hours prior to an event or are exposed to anyone who is positive for COVID-19 within 14 days prior to an event.
Families are such a big part of Climb to the Top and we love seeing them on the stairs! To make sure our youngest participants remain safe, the following requirements apply to all participants under the age of 18:
- All participants must be at least 12 years of age on or before event day.
- All participants ages 12 to 17 are required to pay a registration fee and reach the $250 fundraising minimum prior to receiving event day materials.
- Parent or legal guardian are required to sign a waiver/release of liability form as part of the registration.
- Authorized guardian and child ratio must be 1:3 (adult must have no more than 3 minors to chaperone).
Training & Prep
We wouldn’t ask you to serpentine through Gillette Stadium if we weren’t prepared to help you do it! Participants should know that completing Climb to the Top MS is equivalent to running a 5k (3.1 miles). However, it should take less time to climb the stadium stairs than it would to complete a 5k. Experienced athletes who’ve completed a 5k should be able to complete the stair climb without extensive stair climbing practice.
Before you start any type of training for Climb, be sure you are well hydrated, are wearing good running shoes, and that you have adequately warmed up and stretched.
Thank You to Our Sponsors
By investing in Climb to the Top MS our corporate sponsors proudly demonstrate their commitment to the local community and to people affected by MS. Supporting Climb to the Top inspires employees, increases corporate visibility, and allows companies to have a direct impact on the communities that they work and live in.
Our corporate sponsors are changing the world for people affected by MS. By supporting Climb to the Top MS through cash or in-kind donations, corporate sponsors allow us to direct more dollars to help all individuals affected by MS.