Bike MS® is more than just a ride. It’s a community of cyclists dedicated to powering breakthroughs for more than 1 million people living with multiple sclerosis in the US.
At Bike MS, we are committed to providing you with a fully-supported ride experience marked with passion, inspiration and camaraderie you will never forget. With rest stops every 8-12 miles, mechanical and medical support, ride marshals, and volunteers ready to provide assistance before, during and after the ride, Bike MS will be the ride of a lifetime.
- October 23, 2022
- The $250 fundraising minimum must be met before you pick up your Bike MS packet.
- Registration fee schedule
- $20 starting fee
- $35 on April 26, 2022
- $50 on June 21, 2022
- $60 on August 30, 2022
- $70 on October 11, 2022
- Online registration closes on October 22, 2022 at 4pm.
- The minimum age to ride is 12. See the Youth Riders section below for additional requirements for cyclists under the age of 18.
- The fundraising minimum is $250.
- Walk-up registrations are gladly accepted. However, we recommend registering early so you can fundraise and make an even greater impact.
- We ride rain or shine. In the event of lightning or other dangerous weather-related conditions, please check the event website and email updates.
- Helmets are required at all times. No exceptions.
- Support and Gear (SAG) vehicles are available to transport any cyclists in need so personal vehicles are prohibited on the route and at rest stops.
- Pets are not allowed at the ride. However, service animals are welcome.
Families are such a big part of Bike MS and we love seeing them out on the road! To make sure our youngest participants remain safe, here are some special requirements for cyclists under the age of 18:
- All riders must be at least 12 years of age on or before event day – NO EXCEPTIONS.
- All youth riders (ages 12-17) must review the Safety in Group Cycling brochure with a parent or guardian before setting out.
- Youth riders must be accompanied by a parent or responsible adult (at least 21 years of age) at all times.
- One parent/adult may be responsible for no more than three youth riders.
- All the above requirements apply for children on a tandem bicycle.
- No trailers, tagalongs or child carriers are allowed on the route.
How to Obtain Your Rider Number Packet
Your Bike MS packet contains important items including your rider bib, event details and sponsor giveaways. In order to receive your packet, you must meet the $250 fundraising minimum and have a completed waiver/safety pledge on file. If you registered via our Bike MS New York City website and are over 18, you have completed the wavier/safety pledge as part of the registration process and no additional action to submit a waiver is required.
See Ride Info & Requirements section for ride requirements.
Check out the rider number instructions included in every packet!
No cyclists will be permitted on the route without a rider number.
2nd Mailing Deadline: October 7
To receive your rider number in the mail, we must have received your required waiver/safety pledge and minimum $250 donation. See Ride Info & Requirements section for ride requirements. All packets are mailed via the USPS.
Click here to view the list of all packets that qualified to be mailed in the September 23rd mailing deadline.
Click here to view the list of the packet that qualified to be mailed in the October 7th mailing deadline.
Packet Pick Up: October 21-22
Packet picks up will be held at:
Courtyard by Marriott New York Manhattan/Midtown West
Friday - 461 W 34th St., New York, NY 10001 (Corner of 10th Ave & 34th Street)
Packet pick up hours:
Friday October 21st from 10am-7pm
Saturday October 22nd from noon-4pm
To pick up you packet you will need to have reached the $250 fundraising minimum and have a signed waiver on file. If you registered via our Bike MS New York City website, you have completed the wavier/safety pledge as part of the registration process and no additional action to submit a waiver is required.
Packets will not be available for pick on ride morning on Sunday October 23.
Turning in Donations
Money turn-in envelopes will be available at all start ride morning.
Visit the Donations Guide page to learn more about turning in donations and other frequently asked questions.
Download the Bike MS Mobile app on your Android or iOS device and click on Enter Donations to upload a check. Plus, unlock your 2022 Bike MS Experience.
Reminder: You only need to raise $250 to get your number but aim higher. Raise at least $500 and earn the opportunity to receive cool Bike MS gear. Raise $1,000 by the day of the ride to earn your 2022 commemorative New York City Top Fundraiser jersey and other great perks!
For the safety of participants please adhere to all the bag restrictions as dictated by the NYPD, large bags that fit into the following specifications are not permitted at the event. For the safety of our riders, large bags and closed baskets are not permitted at the event. Large bags that fit into the following specifications will not be permitted:
- Bags with shoulder straps (including backpacks, hydration packs, drawstring bags, and messenger bags)
- Panniers or bags that hang on the side of your bike
- Covered baskets
- Any bag over 420 cubic inches (6.9 liters)
Approved bags include saddle bags, frame bags, handlebar bags, fanny packs and uncovered baskets.
Questions? Contact Us for More Information: