Welcome to the ride of a lifetime, Rookie! If you’re looking for an opportunity to drive lasting, life-changing breakthroughs, you’ve come to the right place. We couldn’t be happier to have you here.
Thank YOU for Riding!
"70+ years of MS amongst us. No canes, no walkers, none of it. BUT, not everyone is as lucky. And trust me, we know that, and we carry that, and we think about it often. Yes, the face of this disease is changing (20+ treatment options in less than 30 years), but many get hit hard before those advancements can ever come into play. That’s why we ride and run and bug everyone we know to donate. I’m beyond grateful for these three mentors. And while I know I can never pay them back, I will do my best to pay it forward every chance I get."
– Jon Franko, I Ride with MS Cyclist
Things I Wish I Knew My First Year at Bike MS
(Tips from our Veteran Riders)
- Attend the Rookie Rider meetup on August 3 — This is an event you do not want to miss! We want to make sure you are as prepared as possible coming into your first Bike MS: City to Shore experience. Learn tips and tricks around fundraising, what to expect on ride day, and all about the Rookie tents at PATCO and Ocean City. And learn about two exclusive Rookie Raffles! One at the Rookie Meet Up and one during ride weekend. All this info and more at the Rookie Meet Up! August 3, 2022 at 7pm. Teams Link:
Click here to join the meeting
- Bike MS is not just one event weekend! It’s a welcoming community with season-round opportunities to connect. Attend in-person events to meet AWESOME Bike MS staff and fellow riders and your ride weekend will feel like a family reunion — minus the drama! Visit the Ride Details page for upcoming pre-ride events.
- Fundraising doesn’t have to be overwhelming—there are so many resources like the Bike MS App and Facebook Fundraising to make our lives easy! We promise, the Fundraising Toolkit page of the website will be your new best friend.
- Did we mention the swag?! The more you raise, the more lives you change and the more prizes you can earn! PLUS, if you’re one of our top fundraisers this season, you can flaunt the most coveted item of all: a local Club K prize jersey! Check out the Clubs & Incentives page for the fundraising levels and prizes.
- Start training now. Whether you’re a seasoned cyclist or new to the sport, VeloPro, the official training partner of Bike MS will get you ready to tackle your ride like a champ. VeloPro learns about you, your goals and schedule and then creates a training plan that continuously adapts to your performance.
- Set your sights high! The Rookie rider who fundraises the most at Bike MS: City to Shore will win the coveted Rookie of the Year award and be honored at our annual City to Shore Awards Ceremony. Congratulations to last year’s winner, Matt Bolger of Team CJ’s Tires for winning the 2021 prize with $4,536.
- Make sure you check out the Ride Details page where you’ll find info like the event schedule and routes and maps. Or better yet, bookmark that page and check back often! All key event day info lives there.
- Take advantage of all of the awesome Ride Weekend opportunities!
Wear your orange ribbon included in your rider packet. Everybody has a reason for participating in Bike MS. The orange ribbon serves as a reminder of why we ride. Proudly wear this ribbon Bike MS weekend. If you are riding for someone, have them sign your ribbon.
Wear your Rookie Rider sticker! Pick up your designated sticker at your start location and wear with pride. All cyclists are encouraged to ensure that our Rookie Riders feel welcome by connecting with them. This sticker will help us do that!
Visit the Rookie Rider tent at the 75 & 100-Mile Start Saturday for any last-minute questions or to pick up your rider packet.
Take part in the Rookie Rider Raffle – stay tuned for more details on opportunities along the route to make YOUR mark against MS and win big!
Check back in late July for more prizes and details.
Stop by the Rookie Rider tent at the Ocean City finish for more ways to win and engage – more details coming soon!
See you at the finish line!