A housing survey will be sent out to participants prior to the event. If you do not have a preferred roommate, you will be assigned one of the same gender. For questions on lodging, please contact email@example.com
Safety and COVID-19
Your safety is our number one priority; that’s why we made Think Safe our motto. To do your part to ensure everyone is safe, please review this safety information about personal safety and COVID protocols.
COVID-19: What to Expect
Here’s what you need to know about COVID-19 safety when attending a National MS Society gathering:
- Stay home if you’re experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Masks are optional. If you need a mask, we’ve got you covered—just ask a National MS Society staff member.
- While vaccinations are not required to attend most National MS Society events, we strongly encourage everyone get vaccinated. This is important not only to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 across all our communities, but for the safety of those who are immunocompromised—including many people with MS—who may receive less protection from COVID-19 vaccines. The National MS Society also has a mandatory vaccination policy for all Society employees.
- Society events are planned to allow for physical distance between staff, volunteers and participants whenever possible.
- We follow CDC guidelines for routine cleaning and sanitizing of restrooms, shared spaces, and high-touch surfaces, as well as ensure adequate handwashing supplies and/or hand sanitizer.
- There may be additional safety protocol for some events due to special circumstances, venue requirements or local mandates. Stay tuned to all communication about your event so you can be prepared.
- Please see additional safety protocols from the event site, Lake of the Torches Resort Casino, on their website.
Pre- and Post-Event Activities
What to Wear & Pack
The backwoods of Wisconsin can get pretty cold in January. The potential for extreme weather means that you need to plan in advance and exercise caution when you ride.
Here are some suggestions for what to wear and what to pack so you’re ready to ride:
- Dress in layers
- Hand mirrors
- ID in case of an emergency
- Remember to wear your group’s color on Thursday for the group photos!
- Tips from Trail Support Team (PDF)
The MS Snowmobile Tour auction will be held event weekend. Participants are encouraged to bring items to the event to be bid on throughout the event weekend. All bidding is done by silent auction in-person at the event.
- Sled/Trailer Parking
- Trail Games