November 24, 2022
Boston Volvo Cars
All participants will receive a shirt and a medal.
Registration & Check-in: 7:30-8:30am
Boston Volvo Thanksgiving Day 5K is a fun 5K run and is a chip-timed course. All run routes are accessible for pushed wheelchairs.
Pricing & Dates
Registration fee schedule for runners:
- $30 starting fee through September 30, 2022
- $40 from October 1 to November 22, 2022
- $45 on event day
- Online registration closes on November 22 at end-of-day. On-site registration will be open from 7:30-8:30am on event day.
Info & Requirements
Safety & COVID-19
Your safety is our number one priority; that’s why we made Think Safe our motto. To do your part to ensure everyone is safe, please review this safety information about personal safety and COVID protocols.
COVID-19: What to Expect
Here’s what you need to know about COVID-19 safety when attending a National MS Society gathering:
- Stay home if you’re experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Masks are optional. If you need a mask, we’ve got you covered—just ask a National MS Society staff member.
- While vaccinations are not required to attend most National MS Society events, we strongly encourage everyone get vaccinated. This is important not only to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 across all our communities, but for the safety of those who are immunocompromised—including many people with MS—who may receive less protection from COVID-19 vaccines. The National MS Society also has a mandatory vaccination policy for all Society employees.
- Society events are planned to allow for physical distance between staff, volunteers and participants whenever possible.
- We follow CDC guidelines for routine cleaning and sanitizing of restrooms, shared spaces, and high-touch surfaces, as well as ensure adequate handwashing supplies and/or hand sanitizer.
- There may be additional safety protocol for some events due to special circumstances, venue requirements or local mandates. Stay tuned to all communication about your event so you can be prepared.
We look forward to gathering safely with you! To learn more about COVID-19 vaccines visit CDC.gov, or for information about vaccines and people with MS, nationalMSsociety.org
Participating can be even more fun and memorable when you do it with a team. Invite friends, family members, co-workers, and anyone else you know to join and fundraise with you.
Want to change your registration from an individual to a team? No problem! Email us at email@example.com with the name of the team you'd like to join and we'll get you set up with the correct team.
All participants (age 3 and up) must be registered. Ages 3-15 must be accompanied by a parents or guardian. This is for your safety and so that each participant qualifies for fundraising incentives. All those that raise $100+ will qualify to receive a prize. If you have four or more friends/family joining you, think about forming a team.
We gladly accept walk-on walker and runner registrations on the morning of the event. However, the Boston Volvo Thanksgiving Day 5K is a fundraising event, so we encourage early registration so you have adequate time to fundraise!
The Boston Volvo Thanksgiving Day 5K is a rain or shine event. In the event of lightning or other dangerous conditions, we will delay the event until conditions improve. Please watch for weather-related updates via email and the event website.
Dogs are permitted outdoors, but we ask for you to start in the back of the crowd to allow competitive runners room to start.
All run routes are accessible for pushed wheelchairs.
There will also be accessible restrooms available to participants at each site.
Food at the Event
Light snacks and water are available at the start line. If you have special dietary restrictions or needs, please bring your own food and/or beverages.
Prizes, Awards & Results
Special awards will be given to the top 3 overall male and female finishers.
All runners will receive a finisher medal.
Fundraising Levels & Incentives
The funds you raise for the Boston Volvo Thanksgiving Day 5K help improve the lives of people living with MS through programs, services and research.
Raise $100+ to receive an official Society-branded beanie! All runners will receive a shirt and medal.
Medal (for all participants)
Shirt (for all participants)
Beanie (raise $100+)
Packet Pick-Up, Parking & Pre-Event Activities
Early bib pick-up Tuesday, 11/22/22 at Boston Volvo (old showroom) 75 North Beacon Street, Allston, MA from 3pm-6pm.
Bib and t-shirt pick-up are also available from 7:30-8:30am on race day.
Raise $50 by November 6 to have your race materials mailed to you – beat the crowds!
More information to come.
What to Wear
Wear comfortable walking or running shoes and dress in layers so you are warm at the start and finish lines, and cool during the event.
Thanksgiving Turkey hats and tutus are encouraged!
Volunteers make our events possible!
Each year, thousands of people across the country join the National MS Society volunteer team. From planning event details and calling past participants to providing safety and support event day , volunteers make it happen, and are the foundation of our fundraising events .
Who can volunteer?
Families, corporate groups, and individuals of all ages and abilities are encouraged and welcome to volunteer. We are always looking for youth clubs, corporate, and service-oriented community groups to lend a hand before, during, and after our events.
When you decide to volunteer, you become part of the MS movement – a collective of passionate individuals, moving together to create a world free of MS. Together we provide support, have fun, and make a difference in the lives of people living with MS.
Some volunteer positions require specialized skills, a criminal and/or DMV background check and some may involve driving or heavy lifting. Contact us with questions about the volunteer opportunities available for you.
Volunteer AND Fundraise – the best of both worlds!
Did you know that volunteers are some of our most powerful fundraisers? MS volunteers who choose to fundraise will be given access to a variety of great tools. Simply let us know that you are interested in fundraising (you'll be asked when you register) and we'll make sure you get set up with the Fundraising Center where you can set a fundraising goal, update your personal webpage to share your story with others, email supporters, track your progress and qualify for great fundraising prizes!
Sign Up Today!
To sign up, click the button below and you will be taken to the Galaxy Digital page for this event.