What is the name badge for?
The name badge is your entrance into all parts of Challenge Walk MS event weekend. Please wear while on the route and at the overnight stay location. On the back of the name badge is the phone number for Net Control in case you need support along the route.
Where do I pick up my name badge?
At the Thursday night Welcome Event or Friday morning before Challenge Walk MS starts.
What if I want to change my clothes or have a bag at some point on the route?
Each participant will receive a luggage tag that has the same number on your name badge. You can access the luggage truck or change of clothes truck at the Start Line, Lunch Stop, and Finish Line.
What if I cannot walk all 50 miles?
We have volunteers driving along the route called SAG (Support and Gear) who can give rides to rest stops, lunch, the finish line or back to the overnight location. You can also call our Net Control team to ask for an SAG driver and give them your location along the route.
How do I contact Net Control?
You will be provided with a phone number at registration that you can contact if you have any issues along the route. It will also be on the back of all name badges.
What if I need medical assistance along the route?
You can call Net Control or 911 for any serious emergency while you are along the route. For any non-emergency medical needs, we also have medical volunteers to help with blisters and other first aid needs.
How will I know if I am walking the correct route?
The route is marked by Society arrows that you will see along the route. You will also have turn-by-turn directions on the website and available at registration check-in.
After I finish walking, then what do I do?
Let us take care of you! Get a massage from our massage therapists, grab an alcoholic beverage, take a shower and relax before dinner and our nightly programs. The Friday night program honors our top fundraisers. Our Saturday night program will share stories of those in our community who have been affected by MS and will conclude with a Candlelight Ceremony.
What is something else that would be helpful to know before I start walking?
- Pack more socks than you think you will need. Some participants think it is helpful to change your socks at lunch or throughout the day.
- Have more than one pair of good, broken- in shoes. Do not wear your walking shoes for the first time Challenge Walk weekend.
- Challenge Walk MS Weekend feels like adult summer camp. Embrace it! Take part in all the goofy, silly fun.
- Introduce yourself to others. Challenge Walk MS participants love to connect with new walkers and crew members!
General FAQ's about Challenge Walk MS
- View this document for more information about Challenge Walk weekend