Wondering what to expect at Mission Possible-themed MS Dinner Auction?
You’ve come to the right place.
Here is everything you need to know including the schedule of events, our honorees and how to register as a participant, sponsor or volunteer.
The evening is black-tie optional.
As a Guest
VIP Table – $4,500
• One table of 10 with premier seating
• Complimentary valet parking
• VIP swag bags for 10 guests
• Acknowledgment during event program
• Ten opportunity drawing tickets
Supporter Table – $3,000
• One table of 10
• Ten opportunity drawing tickets
Tickets sold individually at $300.
As a Sponsor
Our sponsors make MS Dinner Auction possible. Through cash or in-kind donations, sponsors allow us to direct more dollars to fuel breakthroughs and help those affected by MS live their best lives.
Sponsorship opportunities available include recognition benefits and so much more. The National Multiple Sclerosis Society would love to customize your benefits as appropriate to your unique marketing and community outreach goals.
As a Volunteer
Each year, thousands of people across the country join the MS volunteer team. From planning event details and calling past participants to providing support for at the event, volunteers make it happen, and are the foundation of why MS fundraising events are so successful.
Contact us to learn how you can get involved.
What to Expect
San Diego’s premier charity event, the 35th Annual MS Dinner Auction, will take place on Saturday, November 20, 2021. This esteemed gala will feature a VIP experience, a robust silent and live auction, premier opportunity drawings, and inspirational speakers, all in an effort to fund critical research and to help those affected by multiple sclerosis. We will also celebrate this year’s Hope Award Recipients: Howard’s Team!
Venue: Westin Carlsbad Resort & Spa
5480 Grand Pacific Dr. Carlsbad, CA 92008
Master of Ceremonies: Steven Luke of NBC 7 San Diego
Auctioneer: Clint Bell
What to Wear
Tickets & Tables
Ticket and table sales close on November 12, 2021. Contact Janet Hamada-Kelley at 760-448-8406 if interested in purchasing a table/tickets after this date.
Schedule of Events
- 5:00 p.m. pacific time – Silent Auction & Cocktail Reception
- 7:00 p.m. pacific time – Dinner, Program, Live Auction, Honoree Recognition, Mission Moment, Fund-A-Need Appeal
The 2021 Hope Award Honorees are Howard’s Team.
The National MS Society’s Hope Award is given for significant contributions to the MS movement. We are proud to honor Howard’s Team for their outstanding achievements in Bike MS® —raising nearly $2 million for the Society since the formation of their team in 2008. We salute their legacy of leadership, dedication to moving our mission forward, and their perseverance in helping all those affected by MS.
Safety and COVID-19
Thank you for your generous support – we are excited to celebrate with you safely. We’ve planned every detail of this event with the health and safety of our attendees, volunteers, and staff as our highest priority. Safety protocols are in place that follow current guidance from the CDC, as well as state, city and other local agencies. This includes mandatory face coverings, regardless of vaccination status, reduced touchpoints to minimize physical interactions, and adhering to capacity limits of the venue. Please note that plans may be altered as the event day approaches to ensure your safety. We will provide additional information as it becomes available. See below for more of what to expect at the event:
COVID-19 and What to Expect
Your health and safety is our top priority. Protocols are in place based on current guidance from the CDC, state, city, and other local agencies to keep our guests, volunteers, and staff as safe as possible. These practices will be reviewed leading up to the event and may be adjusted as needed to ensure your safety. Any changes will be broadly communicated to guests, volunteers, staff, sponsors, and vendors.
What to Expect Pre-Event:
- All attendees should register on this website.
- All attendees should complete the COVID-19 screening and be prepared to show confirmation at the screening station. In advance of the event, you will receive a link to answer screening questions, and within the 24 hours prior to the event, all participants must complete the screening in order to participate.
What to Expect Upon Arrival:
- Face masks are required for everyone in attendance, regardless of vaccination status. We will provide face coverings on-site as needed.
- At all entry points, please pay attention to signage indicating whether traffic is one way or two ways.
- Attendees will pass through the screening station where you will show your confirmation of passing the screening.
- In order to reduce lines at registration and expedite your check-out experience, please make sure to register prior to arriving.
What to Expect During the Event:
- Attendees will wear face coverings at all times, except while eating and drinking.
- Expect to have a contactless (handshake-free) experience.
- Appropriate signage to reinforce safety reminders.
- No shared food or beverage.
- Attendees will be encouraged to regularly use hand sanitizer readily available throughout the event.
- In the event of an emergency, participants are asked to follow the guidance of event staff and venue management.
The 2019 novel coronavirus (“COVID-19”) is extremely contagious and easily spread through air, person-to-person contact, and contact with contaminated objects. People can be infected and show no symptoms yet still spread the disease, which can cause serious and potentially life-threatening illness and even death. The National Multiple Sclerosis Society (“Society”) is taking appropriate and reasonable steps to hold its events in a safe and healthy manner in consideration of its attendees. However, by registering for this event you acknowledge and understand that the Society does not make any guarantees that you will not become exposed to COVID-19 while attending the event. Due to the contagious nature of COVID-19, you voluntarily assume all risk that you may become exposed to, or infected by, COVID-19 at the event and you waive the Society from all liability associated therewith.
By registering for this event, you agree that you will not attend if you have experienced any illness or COVID-19 related symptoms within any of the ten (10) days immediately prior to the event. Such symptoms include, but are not limited to, cough, fever, higher than normal temperature, abnormal fatigue, abnormal body aches/pain, shortness of breath, nausea and/or loss of taste or smell. You shall also not attend the event if you have tested positive for COVID-19, or if you have been in contact with any person that has tested positive for COVID-19 or shown COVID-19 related symptoms, within any of the ten (10) days immediately prior to the event. If you display symptoms commonly related to COVID-19 while at the event, you agree that the Society may, in its sole discretion, instruct you to immediately leave the event premises, with which you will promptly comply.
Further, by registering for this event you knowingly and voluntarily agree to follow all required and relevant federal, state, local, and Society guidelines and recommendations to maintain the health and safety of all event attendees. These safety and health guidelines include, but are not limited to, wearing a mask during the event, and regularly using personal sanitation methods such as hand sanitizer. Failure to comply with these practices may result in exposure to, or infection of, COVID-19 and may put others at risk. Prior to the event, and as a condition to attending, you agree that you will fully and truthfully fill out and sign any waivers, releases, and/or questionnaires that may be required by the Society.
We will continue to share the most accurate and reliable guidance possible to help people with MS find their best path forward through this unprecedented crisis. Learn more about COVID-19 and MS .