As we navigate the continued effects of COVID-19, we have a variety of protocols in place based on the latest guidance from public health authorities to ensure your Walk MS experience is fun and safe.
- Stay home if you’re experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Masks are optional. If you need a mask, we’ve got you covered—just ask a National MS Society staff member.
- While vaccinations are not required to attend most National MS Society events, we strongly encourage everyone get vaccinated. This is important not only to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 across all our communities, but for the safety of those who are immunocompromised—including many people with MS—who may receive less protection from COVID-19 vaccines. The National MS Society also has a mandatory vaccination policy for all Society employees.
- We have planned the event to allow for physical distance between staff, volunteers and participants whenever possible.
- We encourage registering for Walk MS before the event to avoid crowds in the Registration Area – we will have QR codes at the event so you can register on your mobile device.
- The Food Area will be grab-and-go with bottled, canned or boxed water. There is no single-serve coffee.
- Walk MS T-shirts (earned when you raise $100), will be distributed from a separate area, not registration.
- We will routinely clean and sanitize shared spaces and high-touch surfaces, and ensure adequate handwashing supplies and hand sanitizer.
We look forward to walking safely with you!
Please note: There may be additional safety protocol for some events due to special circumstances, venue requirements or local mandates. Stay tuned to all communication so you can be prepared.